What is dangerous night sweats?
All people sweat, and this is normal, because the release of sweat is an important component of thermoregulation. But if there is increased sweating, and at night, you should find out the causes of this problem and try to eliminate them.
Increased sweating at night, called night hyperhidrosis, is expressed as an increase in the amount of sweat secreted through the skin. Sweating can sutra detect wet hair, skin and bedding, feel discomfort during sleep. But sometimes other symptoms join, such as hot flashes (feeling of strong heat or heat in the upper part of the body), general malaise, weakness or, on the contrary, irritability, fever and chills, and so on.
Why does hyperhidrosis occur?
Why do night sweats appear? All causes can be divided into pathological and physiological. It is worth starting with the latter, since they are not caused by deviations and do not lead to serious consequences.
So, the physiological causes of night sweats:
- Nightmare. Surely everyone at least once woke up in a sweat because of poor sleep. But if the nightmares are constant, it is not normal.
- Increased temperature in the room. It is logical that the body will release an increased amount of sweat, which is caused by the evaporation of moisture through the skin.
- Excessively humid air can also trigger hyperhidrosis.
- Warm or synthetic blanket. If it does not allow air to pass through and does not evaporate moisture (and in any case it is excreted by the human body), the amount of sweat will increase and it will not evaporate.
- Synthetic or too warm clothes. The reasons will be the same as in the previous paragraph.
- Overeating in the evening or eating spicy foods, as well as strong tea and coffee. Excessive amount of food increases the load on the digestive tract, as a result of which he is forced to work at night and does not always cope. Indigestion may be accompanied by sweating. And spicy seasonings increase blood circulation.
Now we list the pathological causes:
- In women, nighttime hyperhidrosis can be one of the symptoms of menopause or menopause.During such difficult and unpleasant periods, serious hormonal changes occur, causing violations of some important processes, including thermoregulation.
- Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a disease characterized by constant increased sweating and not caused by any disruption in the functioning of body systems.
- Acute infections (influenza, mononucleosis, malaria of ARVI), accompanied by such symptoms as fever, chills or fever, fever and so on. Increased sweating in a dream is one of the signs of intoxication of the body and a kind of protective mechanism designed to quickly remove all harmful substances with sweat.
- Other serious diseases that may be latent or have a chronic form. These include, above all, tuberculosis, bronchitis, as well as AIDS.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperteriosis, Itsenko-Cushing's disease, hypoglycemia, thyroiditis, diabetes, obesity.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system, such as endocarditis, heart failure, myocarditis.
- Diseases of the nervous system (nerve fibers are involved in the processes of thermoregulation and sweating), for example, vegetative-vascular dystonia, neuropathy, epilepsy.
- Some sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, are most common in men. With prolonged breathing, the body experiences stress, which leads to increased sweating.
- Increased sweating may be one of the side effects of taking certain medications, especially if they are taken at bedtime or in the afternoon. These include antidepressants, antipyretics, NSAIDs, antipsychotics, and some others.
- Diseases of autoimmune nature, such as rheumatoid arthritis, Takayasu syndrome, rheumatic polyarthritis.
- Some oncological diseases, for example, lymphoma, leukemia, can also lead to hyperhidrosis at night.
- Mental disorders: psychosis, neurosis, depression, schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder and others.
- Alcohol abuse or taking drugs.
How to solve a problem?
What to do with night sweats? To eliminate such an unpleasant problem, you need to begin treatment of the underlying disease that caused the symptom in question. And for this you should go to an appointment with a doctor and undergo a full examination in order to identify violations.For effective diagnostics, such procedures as blood tests, computed or electromagnetic tomography of individual organs or parts of the body, ultrasound, radiography and so on can be prescribed.
Consultation with a doctor will certainly help clarify the causes of night hyperhidrosis, but the specialist will need to create a complete clinical picture, so describe your symptoms in detail, and also try to remember when they appeared and what events preceded them.
In order to avoid unpleasant increased night sweats, observe the following preventive measures:
- Regularly visit the doctor and take routine examinations to detect and correct even small deviations in time.
- Try to observe the regime of the day and not overwork, and also to go to bed as soon as possible and at the same time.
- Before going to bed, ventilate the room well, but rather leave the window ajar for the night (the ventilation mode is for this purpose). And remember that the air temperature in the room should not exceed 24-25 degrees. And the optimum humidity is 60-70%.
- Choose a blanket that matches the season and air temperature.and also made of natural air-permeable materials. Pajamas should also "breathe" and not be too warm.
- Do not overeat before bedtime, and in the afternoon, avoid strong coffee and tea, as well as heavy and spicy foods.
- Try to avoid stress and do not plan for the second half of the day actions and activities that adversely affect the psyche (for example, watching thrillers).
- Create the most relaxed and comfortable atmosphere in the bedroom so that the sleep is healthy and sound.
If you are sweating at night, review your lifestyle and consult a doctor to solve this unpleasant problem.
How to get rid of dandruff
The Queen is in no hurry to bless Prince Harry and Megan Markle
How to bake a cake
Repair mixer in the kitchen
When will include heating in Irkutsk in 2015