The secrets of cooking delicious granola
A tasty breakfast is a guarantee of a good start to the day and good mood. Want to enjoy this meal? Then try to cook an appetizing granola.
What is this dish?
Granola is a dessert that resembles a snack and is made from flattened or flaked oatmeal with honey, nuts and other natural additives. All this is usually baked in the oven and acquires a crunchy texture that makes the delicacy look like crunchy flakes. During cooking, the mass is periodically mixed and acquires a crumbly consistency typical of popular breakfast cereals.
Granola is not only a nutritious and simple breakfast that does not require time for preparation, but also an excellent high-calorie snack for tourists and travelers. And the delicacy goes well with sour-milk and dairy products, dried fruits, fresh berries and fruits. Granola is often added to desserts, flour and confectionery.
How did it appear?
Granola owes its appearance to the American priest Sylvestre Graham, who in the first half of the nineteenth century actively promoted good nutrition and developed a preparation for a dessert made from whole grains. But the product, called "granule", was first released in one of the medical dispensaries of Densville. The recipe was based on the ideas of Graham and his cereal flour, from which the dough was made, rolled into layers and baked, and then arbitrarily broken, interfered and re-baked. Later, new formulations were developed, but America is officially considered to be the birthplace of granola.
Several cooking methods
How to make healthy, crunchy and tasty granola? Below are several ways.
The easiest and quickest breakfast consists of only a few ingredients:
- three glasses of oatmeal;
- 2/3 cup of any nuts, for example, walnuts or peanuts (you can use a mixture);
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds;
- seven art. l. honey
- 2/3 cup of water.
- Cover the baking sheet or baking dish with parchment and sprinkle oatmeal evenly over it.
- Send the flakes to dry in an oven heated to 150-160 degrees for about fifteen minutes, but stir them two or three times to prevent burning.
- Walnuts can be chopped, leave seeds and peanuts whole. Mix them with dried flakes.
- In the preheated water, dissolve the honey, and then pour this liquid into a mixture of nuts, flakes and seeds.
- Stir everything evenly and again send to dry in the oven for twenty minutes at 120 degrees. Every five minutes, mix the ingredients so that they remain crumbly and not burnt.
- At the end, you can add dried fruits.
This recipe is similar to the first, but has some differences. The set of products will be as follows:
- a third cup of walnuts;
- two glasses of flakes;
- a third cup of peeled sunflower seeds;
- four art. l. honey (it is better to use liquid);
- 2 tbsp. l. vegetable refined oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next, add vegetable oil and honey to the dry mixture, mix everything thoroughly.
- Spread the mass on a baking sheet made by baking paper and send to reach a crisp condition in an oven heated to 130 degrees.It takes half an hour to dry, but during this time it is necessary to mix the components several times so that they do not stick together and do not burn.
- Let the treat cool and serve with milk or yogurt.
Make multicomponent granola from the following ingredients:
- a half cup of oatmeal;
- half a cup of almond;
- half a cup of pumpkin seeds;
- a third cup of sunflower seeds;
- a third of a glass of peanuts;
- half a cup of honey;
- a quarter of a glass of water;
- a quarter cup of linseed oil;
- a couple of art. l. cane sugar;
- 2/3 cup of different dried fruits.
- Combine dry food in any container.
- In another heat-resistant container, bring water and oil to a boil, then add honey. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture and mix everything quickly.
- Heat the oven to 140 degrees. Cover the baking sheet with parchment and brush with oil, spread the ready mass on the bottom. Bring the mixture to the oven for about thirty minutes.
- Stir the granola several times so that it dries evenly and does not stick. As a result, all products should begin to crunch and get gold.
At home, you can make apple granola.For this you need:
- four glasses of oatmeal;
- a third cup of sesame;
- a quarter cup of sunflower seeds;
- a third cup of almond;
- incomplete teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- three tbsp. l. honey
- two sweet apples;
- three tbsp. l. olive oil.
- You can immediately turn on the oven so that it warms up, since all the products will be ready for baking quickly.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Peel the apples, cut out the cores and mash the pulp by mincing or grinding in a blender. Combine this mashed potatoes with honey and butter.
- Now you can combine the dry and liquid components and mix them thoroughly.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment soaked in oil, spread out your prepared mixture on the bottom in an even layer and send it to the oven, which should warm up to 130 degrees.
- Bake the granola for about half an hour and stir every five to seven minutes.
- Cool delicacy and serve or store in a closed container, send in a cool place and store.
This method is even more original and will allow you to get a truly exquisite breakfast. Prepare:
- a quarter cup of chia seeds;
- three glasses of oatmeal;
- half a cup of raw almond;
- half a cup of coconut or flakes;
- five st. l. coconut oil;
- three tbsp. l. maple syrup;
- 5 tbsp. l. honey
- Turn on the oven, heat to 150 degrees.
- Connect all dry components.
- Heat coconut oil and mix it with maple syrup and honey. Pour this liquid mixture dry thoroughly.
- Smear the parchment with butter, cover a baking sheet with it, lay granola on the bottom and send for half an hour to bake in the oven, stirring every five minutes.
Prepare one of the suggested recipes for delicious granola for breakfast!
Heidi Klum has not even real eyelashes
How to choose the type of tree for construction
How to soften the relationship between dad and daughter
What salads are required