The healing properties of blueberries
All berries are very useful, but blueberry deserves special attention. And why should it be used?
What is this berry?
Bilberry is the fruit of a short shrub whose height reaches 50 centimeters. Small branches run away from the trunk at sharp angles. The leaves are small, leathery and ovoid.
Rhizome creeping, leaves many shoots from it. The flowering period is in May, at which time small white flowers appear. Fruits are small, dark blue or almost black, but have a wax coating (it is easily removed). They usually appear in August. In nature, the plant is found mainly in the northern regions. The taste of the berries is sweet, have a slightly astringent taste.
The composition of blueberries is very rich. It includes pectins, anthocyanins, tannins, tannins, flavonoids, disaccharides, monosaccharides, dietary fiber, potassium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, organic acids, choline, as well as vitamins C, E, K, A and groups AT.
Useful properties of blueberries:
- It has long been known the benefits of such a berry for the eyes. So, with regular use, it can stop the reduction in visual acuity, and also strengthen the eye muscles and prevent the development of various eye diseases.
- Vitamin C, which blueberries contain a lot, firstly, ensures the normal functioning of the immune system, secondly, strengthens the vascular walls and thereby protects against atherosclerosis.
- Bilberry has astringent properties, so it can fight diarrhea. In addition, it normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract and helps to quickly establish its work in poisoning.
- B vitamins are very useful for the nervous system and help to improve its work. Thus, if you regularly eat this berry, you can increase stress resistance and prevent the effects of nerve strain.
- Blueberries are useful for the body also because it has healing and regenerating effects. And that is why it can be used for wounds, ulcers or burns.
- Berry is useful in diabetes, as it allows you to normalize and control sugar levels.
- Blueberries are also useful for the cardiovascular system, because it strengthens the heart muscle and significantly improves blood circulation.
- This berry can be used to prevent anemia, as it contains iron.
- It is possible to detect antioxidants in the composition, and they, as is well known, firstly, slow down the aging process, secondly, prevent the destruction of tissues, and thirdly, prevent the development of oncological diseases.
- Blueberries can help lose weight. First, it normalizes and accelerates metabolic processes, and secondly, contributes to the removal of toxins.
- There is a positive effect on rheumatism.
- Berry helps to improve the work of the gallbladder.
Can blueberries harm? Yes, if it is abused. Used in large quantities, this berry can cause constipation and even intestinal obstruction.
There are also contraindications. These include urolithiasis and one of its types, oxalaturia, certain diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (for example, inflammation of the pancreas), as well as individual intolerance to certain components.
What to cook?
What to cook blueberries? There are different recipes.Below are some interesting options.
For the winter, you can make healthy and tasty jam. To do this you will need:
- 1.5 kilograms of sugar;
- glass of water;
- 1 kilo of blueberries (suitable both fresh and frozen).
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour in water and bring it to a boil.
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- Blueberries wash well, remove the stalks.
- Pour the berries into the syrup and literally in a minute turn off the fire.
- Leave the blueberries and syrup for three to four hours, then put the pan back on the fire. Boil the jam for five minutes after boiling. Allow the mass to cool and bring it to a boil two more times so that the blueberry produces a maximum of juice.
- Pour the jam over the jars and close them.
Try to bake a delicious blueberry pie. The following ingredients are required:
- a glass and one teaspoon of flour;
- a teaspoon of baking powder for dough or baking soda;
- a pinch of salt;
- 100-120 grams of butter;
- a glass of sugar;
- a bag of vanilla;
- two eggs;
- two glasses of blueberries;
- a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix a glass of flour with baking powder (or soda) and salt.
- Mixer whisk the softened butter for two or three minutes. Then add the eggs, vanillin and sugar, continue to whisk. Then gradually enter the flour and continue to beat the mixture, but reduce the speed of the mixer.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and sprinkle flour (from the left tablespoon) with a teaspoon. Pour the dough into it.
- Blueberries mix with lemon juice and the remaining flour and place on the dough.
- Bake the cake at 180 degrees for about 40-60 minutes.
Cook the dumplings. Here is what you need for this:
- three glasses of flour;
- one egg;
- 2/3 cup of water;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- two glasses of blueberries;
- three tablespoons of sugar;
- tablespoon of starch.
- Water should be put in twenty to thirty minutes in the refrigerator to make it cold.
- Sift the flour, mix with salt and place it on a table or a large chopping board. In the center make a recess.
- Beat the eggs in a well and pour the water gently. Knead the dough, gradually moving the flour from the edges to the center. Let the mass stand for about 40 minutes.
- Rinse berries well and mix with sugar.
- Roll the dough into a layer about 2-5 millimeters thick.
- Cut the dough into circles.In the center of one place the stuffing, connect the edges and tweak. In the same way form the remaining dumplings. Freeze or boil them for five to seven minutes before surfacing.
Make an unusual blueberry jelly.
List of ingredients:
- a glass of blueberries;
- 1.5 glasses of water;
- 25 grams of gelatin;
- 100-150 grams of sugar (depending on the taste of berries).
- Gelatin pour 150 ml of water and leave for half an hour to swell.
- Boil the remaining water, dissolve the sugar in it and add the washed blueberries. Boil the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Add the swollen gelatin and stir it until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into portion containers and send to the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Be sure to eat blueberries and enjoy delicious dishes from this berry.
A stylish idea for decorating a room: an original pillow with pompoms
Orange Tree Bead
Talk about infidelity or not
Raw diamond went under the hammer for $ 63 million