The amazing properties of cinnamon spice
The smell of cinnamon whets the appetite and gives a unique flavor to any dish. And the taste of this spice is capable of making savory and unusual even the most simple desserts. Is cinnamon good for you?
What it is?
Cinnamon is a world-famous spice. It is made from the bark of small evergreen trees of the same name. They grow in India and Sri Lanka, so that the spice has Indian roots. The best quality spices are produced in Sri Lanka, where Cinnamon tree grows in favorable conditions, so its bark is saturated with nutrients and becomes especially spicy and fragrant.
But for commercial purposes, these trees are grown in Brazil, Egypt, Vietnam, as well as in Madagascar, Java and Sumatra. Most often, the spice comes to the store shelves in the form of pieces of bark rolled into a tube or in the form of powder (ground bark).
By the way, cinnamon was known for a long time and was very appreciated, so it was often presented as a gift to noble people.Today, spices are used in the preparation of desserts and baked goods, and essential cinnamon oil is added to perfume.
The composition of cinnamon includes the mass of beneficial substances: essential oils, tannins, resins, aldehydes, starch, choline, carbohydrates, manganese, calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, sulfur, magnesium, beta-carotene, vitamins K, A , B6, B2, B1, B5, C, E, PP and so on. Calorie spices is about 250-260 calories per 100 grams.
Useful properties of cinnamon:
- Long since cinnamon is used to treat colds. Firstly, it has antipyretic effects, secondly, it eliminates inflammation and, thirdly, it promotes speedy recovery and recovery.
- This spice helps strengthen the immune system, because it contains vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is needed to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. And if the vessels are strong and elastic, then the risk of atherosclerosis will decrease. In addition, cinnamon helps to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol, so it can rightly be considered an effective means of preventing this dangerous disease.
- The composition includes vitamin K, which normalizes the process of coagulation, that is, the coagulation of blood. That is why cinnamon should be included in the diet with a tendency to bleed.
- This spice is useful for weight loss. It helps to speed up the metabolism, and this leads to more rapid and effective energy consumption and burning of fat cells.
- Since cinnamon contains iron, it is also very helpful for anemia.
- Spice is recommended for people with diabetes. It allows you to deceive the body. Its flavor sends a signal to the brain that the dish is sweet. A person enjoys the taste, but the level of glucose does not increase and remains at an acceptable level.
- Cinnamon copes with cleansing the body. First, it stimulates intestinal peristalsis and removes toxins and wastes. Secondly, it helps cleanse the liver. And, thirdly, this spice has a choleretic effect.
- This spice is useful for the cardiovascular system. It improves blood circulation, dilates blood vessels and strengthens the heart muscle.
- Cinnamon helps to increase brain activity, therefore it is especially useful for those whose professions are associated with mental activity.
- It is proved that the spice has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effects.
- Cinnamon has a diuretic effect and thus helps to remove excess fluid and remove swelling.
- Spice is useful for women. When applied topically, it improves skin condition and helps eliminate inflammation, as well as acne.
- This spice can be used as a stimulant and fortifying agent.
- Cinnamon is considered an aphrodisiac, which means that it can increase libido.
- And spice improves mood and helps to cope with depression.
There are some contraindications to use:
- some diseases of the digestive system, such as ulcers and gastritis with high acidity (cinnamon stimulates the production of gastric juice);
- diseases characterized by increased blood clotting and a tendency to form blood clots (caution should be exercised);
- severe kidney and liver diseases;
- lactation period (spice can change the taste and smell of breast milk);
- pregnancy (spice can cause uterine contractions);
- Hypersensitivity to components of spice.
How to choose?
A few important points:
- The best quality, as already noted, is cinnamon from the island of Sri Lanka, that is, Ceylon.
- It is best to choose cinnamon in the tubes.
- Packaging must be intact.
- Rate the smell.It should be pleasant, not rancid.
How to store?
To cinnamon retains its beneficial properties, you must follow the rules of storage. Put the spice in a sealed package and store in a dry place.
How to use?
Cinnamon is added to different dishes, especially in pastries and desserts, as well as in beverages, for example, in tea, kefir, juices, cocktails. But in everything you need to know when to stop. Thus, the daily dose should not exceed half a teaspoon.
- Cinnamon and honey - an excellent remedy for colds. In a tablespoon of honey, add a pinch of spices. In addition, this tool will help to cope with the cough.
- Infusion of cinnamon will help to lose weight, lower cholesterol and cleanse the body. To cook it, pour half a teaspoon of powder with a glass of boiling water. Allow the liquid to infuse for several hours, strain it and take it during the day before eating.
- If you want to lose weight quickly, when brewing green tea, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Milk with cinnamon will give a charge of vivacity, and also help with coughing. A glass will require a third of a teaspoon.
Several external uses:
- Add cinnamon to your home face masks to relieve inflammation and improve the skin condition.
- Powder of cinnamon can be used as a scrub, mixing it with honey.
- With cellulite wraps are effective. Mix honey and cinnamon, apply on the body and turn around with food film. After two or three hours, rinse with warm water.
- Adding spice to the shampoo, you will accelerate the growth of hair and stop the loss.
- A bath with the addition of cinnamon will help to remove redness and get rid of cellulite.
Appreciate the benefits of cinnamon!
Craft of plasticine on May 9
What dreams of a monkey
Thick books about family values for the summer holidays
How to make mastic at home
What oil helps for stretch marks