Survival on the limit Internet with new features of Windows 10
Microsoft since the advent of Windows 10 has received a lot of complaints from users of expensive limit Internet connections. Some decisions on the survival part in the conditions of tariff plans with nailed-byte payment in the system were already available. Another solution to this issue Microsoft introduced along with another cumulative update of Spring Creators Update, and this is the function of controlling Internet traffic. How can we now set up Windows 10 so as not to get shocking bills from mobile Internet providers at the end of the month?Here we can choose this or that Internet connection, it does not matter whether it is wired, wireless, mobile or satellite. We press the button “Set limit” and select the type of limit - monthly, one-time, without restrictions. For the monthly type, indicate the date of counting - the date of activation of the tariff plan. Then we set, in fact, the limit - one or another amount of MB or GB of data. Click “Save”.For a one-time type, set the expiration date within 60 days.And also, as in the previous case, we set a limit and save.After that we will see help information - how many days remain before the end of the specified period, the date of the end of this period, the amount of data used and remaining to the assigned limit.As soon as the traffic limit is exceeded, we will see a system notification about this.OneDrive synchronization will be immediately suspended, the background activity of a number of system services and the Update Center will stop. For the latter, the connection will be listed as a limit with all the ensuing consequences - downloading only critical updates.We can download all updates and synchronize the contents of OneDrive manually.Restricting the background activity of UWP-applications within the "Traffic Limit" function is not This option is offered to us by a separate setting - "Background data transfer." The activity of universal applications is limited both within the established limit and without it. Those. cut Internet access to Skype staff, Mail, Calendar, Groove, People, Cinema and TV applications, and so on, for any connection, regardless of the restrictions set for it.Within the framework of the action of the established limit, UWP applications can be limited not immediately, but from the moment when 10% of the established limit data volume remains.
1. Solutions for limit connections before Spring Creators UpdateIn order to moderate the appetites of the system and third-party software in terms of access to the Internet, in the Top Ten, according to Fall Creators Update version, we can define the connection as a limit. When setting up a limit connection, the system goes into a traffic saving mode, in which OneDrive, Outlook and other Microsoft products are not synchronized, UWP applications are not updated, updates are not downloaded, except for particularly important ones, other messages are disconnected from the network.For greater savings, we can disable the background activity of UWP applications that work with the Internet. And also to limit access to the network to third-party programs in their settings and use data compression modes in browsers. Of course, these measures will help save traffic, but they will not allow to take control over it and set an expenditure limit. We can limit traffic to a specific amount of data per month except in terms of distribution of updates to other computers. But by default, the configured distribution of updates stops when the connection is set as a limit. What has changed in Spring Creators Update?
2. Limiting traffic on board Windows 10 Spring Creators UpdateFrom now on, we can set a limit on the consumption of Internet traffic for the entire system software. The “Traffic Limit” function has been implemented in “Ten”, where you can specify a certain amount of data sent and received for a certain number of calendar days. But this is not a radical tool with a sharp cutting down of the Internet when the established limit is exceeded. Exceeding it gives the system a green light to turn off the background activity of some system functions and services.We, the users are provided with information note - they say, and so, the specified limit is reached. As we continue to do - to surf or not, to download something or not - only we decide. What does all this look like? The “Data Usage” subsection in the “Network and Internet” section of the regular parameters previously served only to obtain statistics on the traffic consumption by individual programs. In the April update, it was replenished with the settings of the “Traffic Limit” function itself.
>imgsrc="https://sdelaysam-svoimirukami.ru/uploads/posts/2018-04/1523769610_7.jpg" style="max-width: 100%;" alt="Survival on the Limit Internet with New Features of Windows 10">The "no limit" limit type is simply tracking the used traffic within a 28-day period. It does not provide for setting a limit on the volume of data, and, accordingly, the system does not react to anything. This is just information to the information.
3. All Windows 10 settings for limit connectionsAs you can see, the “Traffic Limit” function is essentially its purpose of connecting as a limit connection, only with the option to delay activation of this setting. This, of course, is not an ideal tool for controlling expensive traffic, but with our conscious participation it can be quite a good solution for tariffs with MB payment over the free amount of data set by the provider. So now, after upgrading to Spring Creators Update, the Ten can offer users of limit connections? This is her old and new features:
- Setting up a connection as a limit connection - this function inherited Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and it is still the primary solution;
- The new updates of the April update discussed above are the Traffic Limit function and the background data transfer restriction settings;
- Disable backgroundactivity of individual UWP applications;
- Disable Timeline activity tape synchronization. By the way, disabling its synchronization is not provided either in the mode of the traffic limit or in limiting the background data transfer;
- Disable automatic updating of UWP applications and live tiles in Microsoft Store.
4. Effective solutions and radical measuresDisabling data synchronization, limiting the activity of the Update Center and UWP content - all this is good, but usually we, users, are active traffic eaters. Most likely, when analyzing the statistics of the data downloaded and uploaded to the Internet at the top of the list, user software will be detected - browser, file downloader, torrent rocking, etc.
How to cook lobio
What does it mean to see in a dream a lot of big ants
Why the level of trust in Putin fell to a minimum
What is real success?
DIY volume card with flowers