Secrets of cooking Worcestershire sauce
To give the dishes a special taste, emphasize the necessary ingredients and make them special, the hostesses and chefs of the whole world use sauces. These various seasonings are capable of stimulating the digestive organs and make it possible to feel the whole bouquet of flavors. They appeared in the times of ancient Rome and until today managed to get a lot of variations and cooking methods.
England - the birthplace of aristocratic dishes
Worcester sauce is incredibly popular in all restaurants and cafes in the UK. It got its name in honor of Worcestershire, where it appeared more than 170 years ago.
In our country, you can find it either in supermarkets or in the menu of very expensive restaurants. The reason for this seemingly injustice is simple. From 20 to 40 products are used to make this sauce, which makes the process slow and the cost quite high. But the one who tried a dish seasoned with this product at least once will agree to give any money, just to taste it again.
The British add this sauce to cocktails (for example, “Bloody Mary”) and even to Caesar’s favorite salad, in China it competes with soy sibling, and in the USA they spice up well-known burgers. But be careful, the classic recipe of this dressing has such a rich taste and aroma that the main thing is not to overdo it with the quantity.
Just one teaspoon will help to make the taste of the dish completely different - special and memorable. Worcestershire sweet and sour sauce is best suited to meat - steaks, kebabs or simply baked in the oven, as well as fish.
Seasonings that are produced on an industrial scale have a special way of cooking. After mixing the main components, they are sent to a special place where the sauce wanders for two whole years, and only then preservatives are added to it and rolled into jars.
Repeating this version of the house is rather difficult, but skillful housewives tried to adapt the recipe to our realities, with the result that a rather interesting and fragrant seasoning turned out.
World Favorite at your desk
If this dressing is so difficult to prepare, then how can I replace it? This question excited many gourmands of the world, but, unfortunately, it will not be possible to repeat exactly Worcestershire sauce.But to make an adapted version will be able to any hostess. First you need to prepare all the necessary ingredients, including:
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- onions - 1-2 heads;
- 1-2 anchovies;
- mustard - 1 tbsp;
- ginger root - 1 piece;
- curry - 0.5 tsp;
- cinnamon - 1 stick or 0.5 tsp;
- ground red and black pepper peas - 0.5 tsp;
- cloves - 0.5 tsp;
- cardamom - 0.5 tsp;
- tamarind - ¼ st;
- vinegar - 2 tbsp;
- water - ½ st;
- sugar - ½ tbsp soy sauce - ½ tbsp.
Now you need to know how to make this a real masterpiece. Just follow the instructions clearly:
- Place onion and garlic in vinegar and let stand, then finely chopped.
- In a prepared piece of gauze carefully put onions, garlic, mustard, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. All this tight tie.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar to the water, put a bag of spices there, top with sugar and finely chopped pulp of tamarind. Leave to simmer on a low heat for 30 min.
- Cut the anchovies, add salt, add curries and pour water, add to the boiling mixture.
- After half an hour, transfer the entire contents of the pan to a glass container along with a gauze bag and send to the refrigerator.
- For two weeks periodically take out the bag, squeeze and put it back.
- After 14 days, the gauze bag can be discarded and the resulting sauce poured into a bottle.
Worcestershire dressing prepared at home will surely please and even amaze your relatives and guests who have come to dinner, because the savory taste and unusual bright aroma will create a truly aristocratic taste of your dishes.
Tonus of the uterus during pregnancy - causes and effects
How to plan a garden
15 ideas for landscaping home interior
A simple way to clean the pipes from blockages. Only three ingredients from your kitchen