Pros and cons of rest on Elbrus
Rest in the mountains, including Elbrus, gives not only unforgettable impressions, it helps to improve the whole body at any time of the year, because nowhere else can you find such crystal clear and most useful air. It is no accident that the mountainous regions are famous for their long-livers.
Speaking about rest in this area, it is possible to divide it conditionally into a resort in the Elbrus region, and directly on the mountain itself, by the way, the largest in Europe. For travelers on Elbrus itself, there are two accommodation options - Azau and a rural settlement consisting of several small villages, where residents rent accommodation for tourists, which is the earnings of the local population from serving tourists. So, go to Elbrus.
Information about grief
Agree, it is impossible not to become interested in a mountain with two peaks, which attracts not only the explorers of peaks, but also ordinary tourists, to see amazingly beautiful glaciers with a total area of one hundred forty-four square kilometers from a small height. Gentle slopes are not difficult to climb, and the panoramic view is just fascinating.
Stone blocks and in the summer are covered with snow, and ice falls on the bottom of the glaciers - a delightful memorable sight. For lovers of extreme sports - the northern and western slopes with steep sections up to seven hundred meters.
Grounds for popularity
What is famous for Elbrus? Not only amazing views and clean air, but also mineral springs located at the foot of the mountain. The healing waters of the Caucasus have long attracted tourists, combining a pleasant pastime and treatment. The popularity is also due to the ability to test your strength by climbing the mountain, for which two options were developed:
- Ascent from the south. A private sector or a mini-hotel in the village of Terskol is provided for accommodation.
- Ascent from the north. Accommodation in the field camp.
Everyone will find a suitable way to conquer Elbrus, and if he does not want, he will be able to have a great rest, using other offers.
Stop at the time of rest on Elbrus is not difficult, because the choice is large enough. In the settlements you can rent an excellent comfortable accommodation at an affordable price, as there is a decent competition among the local residents who live from this type of income.The cost of such living is much lower than in the hotel service, and many houses in the private sector have the status of mini-hotels, with all the resulting benefits of civilization.
Terskol is especially popular, as there is a ski center, one of the main in the past and present, and a strong search and rescue service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, which is also extremely important. There are also campgrounds and tent camps, closer to natural conditions.
In addition to healing with mineral waters, it is recommended to go on hiking, hang-gliding, downhill skiing or biking. Visit the field of narzans near the village of Terskol, with a natural outlet of mineral waters from the depths. Since Elbrus is well developed as a tourist area, on vacation there is a lot of entertainment in the form of billiards or table tennis, visits to the pool and nightclubs, local colorful cafes and restaurants.
At the ski resort of Elbrus - the village of Dombai, you are waiting for exciting parties with like-minded skiers.This is an opportunity to make new acquaintances, have a great time and search for allies for the next ascents.
If you are a lover of fishing and hunting, then you will find something for everyone. For avid fishermen, special trout breeding places are provided for catching it, and then professional chefs will prepare delicious dishes from a good catch.
They come to these places for corporate leisure as well, to enjoy the peace and mountain scenery away from the noisy cities. Lovers of meditation, too, do not leave Elbrus without attention, trying to achieve harmony with the outside world and itself at its foot and on its peaks.
Conquest of the peaks
Very few people will not approach active rest on Elbrus, because it is available to any physically healthy person, even without special training. Climbing the mountain, despite the prevailing belief about the danger of conquering peaks, could be the most significant event in your life.
This requires persistence with desire, free time. There are three options paths that can be considered for climbing. The rise from the South is considered classic, it is the most popular and accessible.
Technically, it is not complicated, but this does not mean that it is trouble-free, as there are attendant conditions in the form of bad weather, altitude, difficulty of orientation due to poor visibility and others. Therefore, in order not to risk health and life, it is recommended to use the services of a conductor. The rise from the West is considered quite complicated, interesting for those who are thirsty for adventure. There are no lifts, cafes, cars, only you are alone with wildlife. The ascent on the Northern part is accompanied by the best panoramic view of the Caucasus and its foothills; it was here that the first ascent of the man on Elbrus took place.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other trip, mountain recreation, except for enjoying the surrounding beauty, healing, active pastime, has its advantages and disadvantages. Note the advantages of rest on Elbrus:
- staying in harmony with nature, being in direct contact with it, walking along the foot, going down into the gorge, stopping mountain rivers, climbing steep slopes, admiring waterfalls and snowy peaks, trying to taste the water from natural sources;
- obtaining aesthetic pleasure from the contemplation of mountain valleys and colored meadows from a height, admiring clean and transparent mountain lakes, steep serpentines of roads, passes, exploring rare species of flowers and plants;
- the opportunity to breathe with a full breast of mountain clean air, feeling an unprecedented surge of strength, elevation of mood, improvement of appetite, a desire to stay awake and a desire for new heights in life;
- active leisure and entertainment at any time of the year - in summer hiking and cycling along paths and serpentines, in winter descending from gentle and steep slopes on everything that slides (sleds, skis, snowboarding), in autumn and spring visiting regional and national natural parks and nature reserves places;
- visiting small mountain villages, authentic local towns with sightseeing and familiarization with the traditions and way of life of the population;
- fishing on mountain rivers and lakes;
- the chance to take part in festivals and local holidays with a national flavor, buying fancy souvenirs and as original gifts to friends and relatives;
- to master mountain sports, in the form of skis in winter and mountain biking in summer;
- a wide choice of the place of settlement, depending on the possibilities, from a tent and camping in natural conditions, to a luxury hotel in the town at the foot.
Now about the shortcomings, which are especially noticeable in the winter season. Cons are few:
- the cost of winter mountain recreation is increased by renting equipment for climbing the mountain, paying for a wide range of services at the ski resort;
- the danger of traveling on roads in the mountains due to landslides and snowfalls, the difficulty of getting to a place of rest due to prolonged or heavy snowfalls;
- in season - crowds of people, accompanied by noise and crampedness, bursts to the lifts.
Despite all the shortcomings, many of the holidaymakers on Elbrus note that this was the best holiday in their life, not comparable to the sea in cost, activity, and impressions. Elbrus is waiting for you!
New Year Horseshoe
Men's sweater with deer
How to pickle mushrooms for the winter in jars with vinegar - delicious and quick recipes at home
How to update the Play Market on Android
Habitat Discount as bait