Mushrooms - Cooking Mushrooms Tasty
Anyone who does not like champignons, just never tried them. Or do not know how to cook them correctly. And how to choose these mushrooms? And how to cook them quickly and tasty?
Benefit and harm
Champignons are approximately 80-90% water, which means that they are an excellent dietary product. But it contains a fairly large number of different utilities: vitamins of group B, D, amino acids, biotin, nicotinic acid, pantothenic, and much more.
In addition, such mushrooms are also nourishing and very nutritious. So, they are rich in protein, which is important for the formation of cells and tissues, as well as for the proper functioning of the muscles.
Now some useful features:
- decreased blood sugar;
- mild diuretic effect;
- prevention of atherosclerosis, lowering cholesterol;
- protection against anemia (champignons contain a fairly large amount of iron);
- prevention of the appearance of tumors.
Now a few words about the harm. Firstly, such mushrooms are a rather heavy product, because there is chitin, which is digested for a long time (so mushrooms are contraindicated for children up to 6-7 years old and people who have digestive problems).Secondly, wild mushrooms can be poisonous, as they accumulate toxins and heavy metals in the soil or in the environment.
How to choose?
So, how to choose champignons? What to pay attention to? Here are some important points:
- Immediately it should be said that buying any mushrooms from a grandmother selling them on the market is not worth it. Why? Firstly, it is not a fact that the mushrooms are not poisonous (after all, many people do not understand this). Secondly, mushrooms tend to accumulate in themselves all the most harmful that one can absorb from the soil and air. And the environment now can not be called favorable. So it is better to go to the store and get there cultivated mushrooms grown in artificial soil. This is the safest option.
- Evaluate the appearance of mushrooms. Champignons are usually white or beige. Fresh mushrooms should not have any spots and blotches, the surface of the caps is velvety and slightly shiny. The cap should fit snugly to the leg, and the inside of it should not be too loose or damaged. Darkening indicates improper storage.
- Smell. Champignons should have a pleasant and pronounced mushroom flavor.If the smell is unpleasant, refuse to buy.
- Touch the mushrooms. They should be moderately dense and slightly elastic. If the mushroom falls apart in the hands or resembles a sponge, it will not be tasty and useful.
- Size can be any. Here be guided by the wishes. So, small mushrooms fit perfectly into the soup, but large ones can be fried or baked.
How and how much to store champignons? Wash them after purchase should not be, they can almost instantly darken. If the mushrooms are in a container, leave them there. From the package it is better to shift the champignons into a closed container. After that, put the mushrooms in the refrigerator. There they can lie for about 4-7 days, after which they will begin to deteriorate. And in the open, the shelf life is reduced to 3 days.
If you decide to freeze the mushrooms, feel free to do it. In a frozen form, such a product can be stored for several months.
If you purchased dried champignons, they can lie in a dark, cool and dry place for up to a year.
How to cook?
How to cook champignons tasty and not very difficult? Before cooking, rinse them under a tap with cool water on.Also, some clean the connecting tape between the leg and the hat.
There are several cooking methods:
- You can boil the champignons by adding to the soup. Such mushrooms cook for a short time, about 10 minutes.
- Fried mushrooms are delicious. It is better to fry them on medium heat until ruddy (about 15 minutes) appears. During cooking, you need to cover the pan with a lid, otherwise the mushrooms will lose moisture and dry out.
- You can put out the mushrooms. Cooking time is about 10 or 15 minutes.
- It is also possible to bake mushrooms in the oven, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
And now we offer you simple recipes.
Delicious soup with champignons and cream
To make this delicious soup, prepare the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of champignons;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- 3-4 green onions;
- 50 grams of butter;
- 1 glass of cream;
- 1 liter of broth (for example, meat or vegetable);
- spices to taste (you can take thyme);
- salt to taste
- Rinse the mushrooms under cold running water, cut into slices.
- Peel the garlic, grate or chop finely. Green onions also need to chop finely.
- Now heat the butter in the pan, then spread the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook everything, stirring for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the flour, fry it for a minute, and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- After boiling, you can spread mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then make fire minimal, pour in cream, add salt and spices. Boil for another minute, then turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid and let the soup stand for a while.
Mushrooms Baked With Potatoes
To prepare mushrooms with potatoes in the oven you will need the following ingredients:
- 5 medium-sized potatoes;
- 400-500 grams of fresh champignons;
- 150 grams of hard cheese (although you can also use melted cheese if you wish);
- 2 onions;
- 1 bunch of dill verdure (or 1 teaspoon of dried dill);
- basil (dried or fresh);
- vegetable oil;
- salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook? It's simple:
- First, turn on the oven so that it starts to warm up. The cooking temperature should not exceed 180 degrees.
- Now start preparing the vegetables.Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into thin slices.
- Onions, too, need to be peeled and cut into half rings.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Fresh dill chop with a knife. Do the same with fresh basil.
- Cheese must be grated on a large grater.
- Take a baking sheet and grease its bottom with vegetable oil so that nothing burns.
- Put a layer of potatoes, pepper it, salt it.
- Then spread mushrooms in a layer. Salt them too and pepper if desired.
- Then put onions.
- Sprinkle basil over the ingredients.
- Send the baking tray to the oven for half an hour, then remove it and add the cheese, spreading it evenly, put the fennel on top. Cook the dish for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and covered with a golden crust.
- Done, you can serve!
Now a few recommendations on the preparation of mushrooms:
- Such mushrooms require large amounts of salt, so salt them abundantly.
- Dried mushrooms are better to pre-boil before cooking or pour over boiling water.
- Do not wash the mushrooms in hot water, they will darken. Just rinse them lightly under the tap, do not rub the surface.
- Mushrooms are perfectly combined with cheese, cream, sour cream, dill, potatoes.
Buy only high-quality mushrooms and cook delicious and healthy dishes from them!
How to make friends your dog with a cat
Learn to wear the right bandage on your head (18 photos)
Features futuristic style (10 photos)
A stylish idea for decorating a room: an original pillow with pompoms
Tricks of making mousse cakes