Indications and contraindications Elos epilation
Elos epilation is a modern, highly effective method of hair removal. In addition, today Elos hair removal is recognized as one of the safest and most comfortable types of hair removal.
- Elos procedure does not take much time and is well tolerated by all skin types.
- The procedure is almost painless.
- It carries minimal risk of burns and depigmentation.
- It makes it possible to get rid of light hair, against which other types of hair removal are impotent (for example, Elo's epilation of the upper lip allows to remove the fleece hair).
- Elos hair removal combines the achievements of other hair removal technologies - photo, electro, and laser hair removal.
The essence of the method
The procedure is aimed at the destruction of the hair follicle and consists in the combined action of two energies on it - a high-frequency light pulse and current. While, for example, laser hair removal uses only one type of energy.
How is the session
Before the procedure begins, the doctor will carefully examine you and ask you a few questions. In particular, it will find out what type of skin you have, what hair you are sick with and what is your general state of health at the time of therapy. Focusing on the collected information, the doctor will adjust the intensity of exposure during the procedure.
The procedure itself is as follows. You sit comfortably on a couch, wear special dark glasses to protect your eyes, and then apply a contact gel on your skin. After that, the doctor begins to treat the skin with short but strong flashes of light. At the same time you practically will not feel pain. Plus, the skin is further cooled, and this well reduces its sensitivity. Clients compare their feelings with “hot tweaks” or “clicks”, and each such “microchips” lasts only a fraction of a second.
In total, an elos hair removal session takes from 10 minutes to 1.5 hours - it all depends on the area of the body, as well as the individual type and structure of the hair. So, Elos bikini hair removal lasts on average about 40 minutes.
Duration of therapy
Under the influence of the laser, only those hair bulbs that are currently in the active growth stage are damaged.This means that complete hair removal will require 6-8 procedures, which should be carried out with a 1-2-month interval. Only for such a period it is possible to destroy all the follicles in the selected area of the skin.
The final result is influenced by such factors as the individual properties of hair, the state of hormonal levels, genetic features, the current state of the body. If the hair is thin and light, then a greater number of procedures will be required, if dark, a smaller number.
The good news: on the treated areas of the body, the hair disappears gradually - over the next 3-4 weeks, so your skin may well remain clean until the next Elos procedure.
The presence of unwanted hair.
Presence of ingrown hair.
The desire to get rid of colorless hair ("fluff" above the lip).
The procedure is indicated for men who get irritated every time after shaving.
The effect of "blue beard" in men - when the hair roots shine through the skin on the shaved face, which gives the skin a blue tint.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Cancer (skin or any other type; currently available or in history, as well as precancerous conditions).
- Metal implants located in the area of intended exposure.
- Implanted pacemaker.
- Pigment neoplasm treatment is excluded.
- Porphyria, systemic lupus erythematosus, epilepsy in history, as well as other diseases whose seizures can be triggered by the light of the wavelength used in epilation.
- Herpes simplex and other diseases in history, which can be triggered by thermal radiation. In principle, Elos epilation for patients with similar diseases can be used, but always with the necessary preventive measures.
- Poorly controlled endocrine diseases - diabetes, polycystic ovary, etc.
- Keloid scars, a specific history of wound healing, skin diseases, extremely dry or fragile skin.
- Therapy is excluded in those parts of the skin where disease processes are actively occurring - for psoriasis, eczema.
- The use of anticoagulants.
- The use of drugs that increase sensitivity (tetracyclines, isotritinoin, St. John's wort, etc.).
- The use of drugs that stimulate hair growth.
- Surgical intervention in the area of the intended impact over the past 3 months.
- Plucking hair or waxing in the last 4 weeks.
- If a laser correction or a deep chemical peeling has been performed in the face area, the elos epilation can be performed no earlier than 3 months later.
Possible side effects
- Sometimes - the appearance of minor burns that heal quickly without a trace.
- Redness of the skin - also passes very quickly.
- Inflammation of the hair follicle, or folliculitis - passes in the near future.
- Burning - quickly passes.
Most of those who have completed the course of therapy report a complete cessation of hair growth. In others, hair growth is significantly reduced, which makes this procedure incredibly popular in our time.
Feedback from people who have undergone this procedure is amazing. All of them point out the painlessness of the procedure, its lightness and simplicity. Here are some of the reviews:
“Epilation of the bikini area and upper lip has always been a painful process, but thanks to Elos epilation, this procedure now takes place quickly and is almost not felt.After it, hair growth has noticeably slowed down, and therefore, epilation should be performed less frequently than usual. All this made me a fan of this procedure. ”
“I didn’t decide on elos epilation for a long time because I didn’t know what to expect from this procedure. My fears were in vain, after the epilation in the bikini area on the skin there was absolutely no irritation (before it seemed to me that the irritation was a constant companion of epilation). Within two weeks, the treated hairs fell out, in their place grow new ones, which are not so tough. The doctor promised that after a few procedures you can forget about unwanted hair forever - I look forward to this moment with impatience. ”
Who is voiced by SpongeBob
22 iconic dresses in the cinema
Good to know: how to get rid of a hangover in different countries
Angelina Jolie unflatteringly spoke about divorce Jennifer Aniston
Features frameless furniture
How to surprise a girl