Mutton Kofta Curry(Meatballs)-Tasty Hyderabadi Restaurant Style Mutton Kofta Curry/Meatball Curry
Indian Style Meatball Curry
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3 meatballs with sauce | Calories: 276 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 577mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 22g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 pound ground lean turkey or chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko or whole wheat breadcrumbs will work)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, canned or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons red curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, including the juice (BPA-free can)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or puree (from BPA-free can or carton)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs, first stirring and then with hands to fully incorporate.
- Form into about 12 - 16 balls.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add half the meatballs, working in 2 or 3 batches. Cook meatballs for 4 to 5 minutes per side, for a total of 10 minutes, browning and cooking all the way through. Remove cooked meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Add about 2- 3 tablespoons of the tomato juice (from the diced tomatoes) to the pan to deglaze it, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. When the liquid has mostly evaporated, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until the onions are softened and translucent. Add the curry powder and about 2 tablespoons water to form a paste, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds, until golden and fragrant. Add the can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce or puree, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well.
Video: Meat Balls Curry / Chicken Kofta Curry - Many Indian chefs first choice is meat balls (kofta) curry.
Your six month horoscopes: Taurus
Air New Zealand are selling Black Friday flights to LA for 175
Eyeopener: dit is de perfecte bedtijd om de beste nachtrust te krijgen
How to Care for a Miniature Horse
The cutest celebrity mum and daughter twinning moments EVER
Everlanes Day Gloves are the most comfortable flats Ive ever worn
Bipolar Disorder and Relationships
How to Save for Retirement
Tyra Banks is Now Americas Next Top Mom