How to salt herring at home - 9 step-by-step recipes
How to salt herring at home tasty and fast? Let's look at nine step-by-step recipes for salting herring - from classic to salting in mustard pickles.
Salted herring is a welcome guest on everyone's table, a popular favorite dish. Simple, tasty and nutritious. Fish is served separately in the form of chopped pieces with onion rings, used as a filling for pancakes, addition to boiled potatoes, a component of a vinaigrette. The most popular dish of salted fish is herring under a fur coat. Just delicious!
To herring under a fur coat turned out delicious, use fish homemade salting. This is the best way to protect yourself from salted or stale store products of questionable quality.
How to prepare herring for salting?
The best way to defrost the herring is natural, without the use of water baths and microwave ovens.Remove the fish from the freezer and put it in the fridge overnight or 5-6 hours. To prevent the smell from spreading around the chamber, cover the dish with herring with a tight lid.
When thawing, the blood should be pink or reddish. This is a sign of fresh herring. Dark brown liquid and an unpleasant smell are evidence of product deterioration.
Before cooking thoroughly (preferably several times), rinse the herring, be sure to remove the gills, so as not to be bitter. Once again, put under running water and drain the fish with kitchen paper towels. To disembowel or not, it's up to you. Traditionally, the whole herring is considered more tasty. Salting requires a long time (up to 3 days). Gutted fish with removed entrails will be salted in a few hours.
If caviar caught, do not rush to throw. The article presents a recipe for tasty salting of herring roe.
Classic salting recipe
- Herring - 5 large fish,
- Salt - 5 large spoons,
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- Water - 1.5 l,
- Bay leaf - 4 things,
- Black pepper, coriander - to taste.
- I'm preparing a pickle. I add sugar, coriander, black pepper, laurel and salt to the water.I send the pan to the stove. I bring to a boil and turn off the burner.
- Tidy pickle from the stove. I put cool to 30-40 degrees.
- Carefully put herring in a 3-liter jar. Pour the cooled brine in a natural way. Cover with a lid.
- Lightly salted product will turn out after 2 days of infusion in a cool place. I salted three days.
Delicious and healthy herring homemade salted ready! Use in preparation of various dishes.
Recipe for salting herring in a brine entirely
Tuzluk is a special saline solution. It is artificial and natural. I use the first option with the addition of water.
Salting requires accuracy and composure. Herring is salted whole. Before cooking, check the herring surface for damaged areas. To salt in a strong salt solution the skin of the fish must be intact. Otherwise, you will get an inedible salted product, which you have to discard. Be careful.
- Water - 1 l,
- Herring - 500 grams,
- Salt - 6-7 large spoons,
- Egg - 1 thing.
- I'm preparing brine. I bring a liter of water to a boil. I turn it off.
- Add salt. I'm not in a hurry.I put in small portions until the dissolution stops. To check whether the brine has reached a sufficient degree of salinity, I lower the raw egg. Pops up? Excellent. I give the brine cool.
- Remove the gills of thawed fish. I shift to a deep plate.
- In the cooled brine immersed herring. Leave 60 minutes on the table. In an hour I put in the fridge for 1 day. Serve on the table, catching a fish from a brine.
Salting pieces in brine (slightly salted recipe)
- Herring - 2 medium sized things
- Onion - 1 head,
- Vegetable oil - 1 large spoon,
- Salt - 1 big spoon,
- Water - 0.5 liters.
- Flush the fish. I remove the tail, head and fins with scissors. Cutting a knife into pieces. I cut herring and tidy up my insides. I carefully examine each piece, carefully mine.
- I spread on a plate with napkins. Get rid of excess moisture. I'm drying.
- I'm preparing a pickle. In warm boiled water I dilute a tablespoon of salt until dissolved.
- In a liter jar spread the fish particles. I rammed. I clean the onions, cut into rings. Add to herring.
- Pour brine at room temperature. From above I add vegetable oil, as in the salting salmon recipe.
- Close the lid. I leave in a dark cool place for 24 hours. After a day, I send for additional salting in the refrigerator. Cooking time - 1 day.
Helpful advice.Cooked herring is better to eat immediately. Salting with onions does not imply long-term storage.
A simple and fastest recipe
- Herring - 2 carcasses,
- Sugar - 1 big spoon,
- Salt - 1 tablespoon,
- Ground black pepper - 5 g,
- Bay leaf (crushed) - 5 g.
- Gently gut the fish. I clean the insides, take out the gills, remove the head.
- I collect clean water in deep dishes. I send there herring for 60 minutes.
- Cooking a mixture of sugar, salt, pepper and crushed lavrushka.
- I fish the fish out of the water. Get rid of excess moisture with paper towels.
- Evenly I rub the fish with the prepared mixture.
- Spread in a plate. Gently wrap the food film. I leave it on the kitchen table for 80-120 minutes.
- Cut herring into pieces. I fill it with vegetable oil and vinegar. Serve on the table.
Spicy salted herring with mustard
- Herring - 1 kg,
- Mustard powder - 1 teaspoon,
- Water - 1 l,
- Black pepper - 5 peas,
- Salt - 4 large spoons,
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces,
- Carnation - 4 things,
- Coriander (grain) - 5 years
- Pre-peeled and gutted herring is placed in a large plastic container.
- Cooking marinade. Add salt to the pot with water, other spices (except for mustard powder). I boil for two minutes. I cleaned from the stove. Add the mustard powder. I mix. I put cool.
- Pour the cooled marinade to the fish. I clean in the fridge for 2 days.
How to salt herring in the bank in a special way
I offer an exquisite recipe in which you can pickle herring by adding lemon juice, garlic and carrots. Cooking is a bit more complicated than usual, but the taste is excellent. Be sure to try!
- Freshly frozen herring - 1 large fish,
- Onions - 1 piece,
- Lemon is a half,
- Carrot - 1 thing,
- Garlic - 2 small cloves,
- Bay leaf - 3 pieces,
- Allspice - 3 peas,
- Sugar - 1 tsp,
- Salt - 3 small spoons,
- Mustard powder - 1 tsp.
- I expose the herring to be defrosted.
- Onions and carrots I clean and cut into thin pieces (half rings and rings).
- Half a lemon wrap boiling water.I cut into thin slices, remove bones.
- I clean the garlic and cut very thinly. I recommend two cloves to be recommended to fish lovers.
- I remove the fins and tail, cut off the head. Turn to the insides. Gently pull, cut herring into even parts. I rinse under running water.
- To the mustard powder add black pepper and salt. For spice, I put a small spoonful of sugar.
- I take a glass jar. I spread the ingredients in the following order: part of onion with carrot, lemon pieces, garlic cloves, one bay leaf, spice mix, 4 pieces of herring. I repeat several times.
- I put the jar in the fridge for 2 days.
- The finished dish spread from the jar. I give the vegetable oil. In this recipe, you can salt mackerel.
Helpful advice.To make the juice from the products evenly distributed, shake the can. During cooking, 2-3 times are sufficient.
Express salting herring in 60 minutes
Guests rush to treat, and you want to serve salted herring on the table? Do not panic. Use this recipe if you cook in a limited time. Fish get salted, but tasty.
- Purified pieces of herring - 300 grams,
- Salt - 2 large spoons,
- Water - 500 ml,
- Dill - 1 bunch,
- Sugar - 1 small spoon,
- Bay leaf - 1 piece,
- Bow - 1 medium head,
- Vinegar, vegetable oil - to taste.
- In boiled water (40-50 degrees) stir sugar and salt.
- Fully cleaned and ready to cook the fish particles are put in a glass dish. Pour light pickle.
- Throwing dill and bay leaf.
- After 60 minutes I catch pieces of fish. I add vinegar with vegetable oil. Nearby I put onions, cut into half rings.
That's all. The cooking process is simple and unsophisticated.
How to salt herring caviar
A delicious and simple recipe for salting caviar for sandwiches. Cooking does not require much time and extra effort.
- Herring roe - 300 g,
- Water - 300 ml,
- Vegetable oil - 1 big spoon,
- Bay leaf - 1 piece,
- Salt - 1 large spoon.
- I defrost caviar.
- I mix water with salt. Add sunflower oil. I mix it again.
- Spread caviar on the bottom of the pan. Pour ready brine, add Lavrushka. I close the pan with a lid and send it to the fridge overnight.To obtain a pronounced salty taste leave for 1-2 days.
- In the morning I take the dishes out of the fridge. I take out the product from the brine and use in the preparation of sandwiches.
Recipe for salting caviar without vegetable oil
- Caviar - 500 g,
- Water - 500 ml,
- Salt - 2 large spoons,
- Lemon is a half of the fruit,
- Bay leaf - 1 thing.
- In warm water add salt. I stir it up.
- Herring caviar shift to the bottom of the container. Add laurea and sliced fresh lemon. Pour salted brine on top. Close the lid.
- I expose the container in the refrigerator. Cooking time - a day.
The benefits of herring and caviar
Herring in brine is a rich source of easily digestible protein, a storehouse of useful Omega-3 acids. Consumption of fish in reasonable quantities is a good prevention for cardiovascular diseases. Herring pieces are rich in different vitamins (A, D, several representatives of the B-group). The herring contains a lot of useful substances, including selenium, iodine, sodium, magnesium.
Contraindication for the use of salted products (caviar and fish) is the presence of diseases associated with the kidneys and liver.The high content of salts is the reason for the increase in the volume of water being drunk, so it is better to avoid highly salted foods for people suffering from swelling.
How to drink water during sports
Paper Geometry Boxes
White summer dress