What to replace rice vinegar?
Many people can no longer imagine their lives without sushi, sashimi, rolls and other Japanese delicacies. They can be tasted in almost any restaurants and cafes. But it is no less interesting to cook your favorite dish by yourself. In the supermarkets you can find all the necessary ingredients and attributes. However, sometimes it happens that already in the process there is a shortage of any component, for example, rice vinegar. There is a question - what can be taken instead of rice vinegar?
There are several options than replacing vinegar for sushi. For example, you can take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, mix with a teaspoon of sugar and pour all one and a half tablespoons of boiling water.
Also, if you have white wine or grape vinegar, you can do this: mix 50 ml with 50 ml of boiling water, add a pinch of sugar, salt and mix thoroughly.
It is important to know that when using a surrogate, it should be added to rolls in smaller proportions than the original sauce. However, it all depends on your preferences.By the way, as for sugar, try cooking the mixture in the process of cooking: you may want to make it more or less sweet. Now you know how to replace rice vinegar for rolls.
Rice vinegar recipe
Do not rush to look for a replacement for this Japanese sauce. Now we will tell you how to make rice vinegar at home. You may have already heard that it is not easy to make it and it will take time, but believe me, it's worth it! Having prepared such an important and essential addition to sushi, you can enjoy your favorite delicacy at any time, according to all the rules of Japanese cuisine.
- rice - 500 g
- sugar - 400 g
- egg white
- yeast - 0.5 st. l.
- Rice, cover with one liter of water and leave to infuse for 12 hours. Then strain all the liquid into a separate container and pour out the sugar. Cook the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved. It will take about 20 minutes. Cool, add yeast and leave to infuse for a week. At this time, the liquid will ferment and bubble due to the reaction to the yeast. This is the effect we need. After 7 days, pour into a clean glass jar, close tightly.
- After a month, strain our future sauce and boil with added protein. Then strain again.
Vinegar is ready! Do not neglect the egg whites, as this helps to cleanse.
Some additional tips on how to make vinegar and what to replace:
- This sauce is not only very tasty, but also healthy. It has a powerful antibacterial effect. No wonder the Japanese have used it with raw fish since ancient times;
- if you do not have time at all and you need to urgently prepare an impregnation for sushi, then try this method: mix 1: 1 lemon juice with water and add a little sugar. You may not even feel the difference in comparison with the original sauce;
- do not try to use balsamic vinegar, it will immediately spoil the dish;
- it is important not to digest the mixture, otherwise all useful substances will evaporate, and the taste will not be so saturated. Stir constantly in the process so that the sugar dissolves faster.
- it is best to filter not through a sieve, but through a gauze flap. So the liquid will be better cleared and as a result will be a transparent and uniform consistency.
If you could cook a real sauce for rolls, then for you there are no more irresistible culinary heights! Bon Appetit!
How to get rid of ants on peonies
Representative pen: a necessity or a waste of money
How to make mastic at home
How to repel energy vampire
How to tie a hat and a crochet - training for beginners