Electric Shock First Aid Treatment: What should you do if someone gets an electric shock!
How to Prevent Electrical Accidents with Hand Tools
Portable power tools are one of the most frequent causes of death by electrocution on farms. Farm workers typically expose themselves to more electrical hazards than do workers in other industries. They frequently work alone, often operating electrical equipment in damp and dusty places with no one nearby to help in case of an accident. Farm work thus requires extra caution in using power tools.
Never use any electrical hand tool that does not carry the Underwriters Laboratories Seal of Approval.
- This seal indicates the tool has undergone extensive testing and has been found to be safe when properly maintained.
Older tools with a two-wire design should be immediately upgraded to a three-wire system by qualified personnel.
- If your tool cannot be upgraded, discard it.
- Most power tools in use today have a three-wire system. This third wire serves as an emergency ground in the event of an internal short or ground fault.
Make sure the three-wire system is maintained through all adapters and extension cords.
- Adapters not properly connected to receptacle boxes make the ground fault wire ineffective.
Never disconnect or carry power tools by their cords.
- This causes the cord's insulation to rapidly deteriorate.
- Inspect tool and extension cords routinely for fraying and other signs of deterioration. Repair or replace immediately.
Consider using a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFI).
- GFIs do not replace traditional protection provided by current isolation, insulation and grounding, but they are a backup if insulation or grounding fails due to age, abuse or mechanical breakdown.
- The GFI detects low levels of leaking current and cuts off power quickly at leakages greater than 5 mA.
Check the switch before plugging in your device.Most electrical tools come with a switch to allow for the device to run without holding down the trigger. If this switch is on and the device is plugged in, it will turn on immediately. Pulling the trigger is the usual method of switching these switches off.
Video: Electrocution Hazards/Construction - PART I - Hazard Types - V0001529ET
Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
The BFF myth: I had more ex-best friends than ex-boyfriends’
Breast Cancer Patients Who Smoke Are More Likely to Die of the Disease Than Nonsmokers
7 Models Changing Todays Perception Of Beauty
Why Your Fitbit Active Minutes Mean More Than Your Steps
John Galliano’s Workshop at Parsons Has Officially BeenCancelled
Top 10 Weight loss secrets
7 Modern Ways to Freshen up Your Festive Beauty Look
Salty Snacks Healthier Than Potato Chips
11 Blow-Dry Mistakes Your Hairstylist Really Wishes Youd Stop Making
The Most Epic Hair Moments From Spring 2019 NYFW