How to Make RAW CAT FOOD (RECIPE) – Homemade Cat Food for Healthy Cats
How to Make Your Own Fresh Raw Almond Butter
2 1/2 to 3 cups raw almonds
1/2 to 1 tablespoon (14.8 ml) Celtic sea salt
Water to cover
7 to 8 Tbsp light flavored, unrefined oil
additional 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
Tiny bit (1/32 tsp?) pure stevia powder or other sweetener to taste, if desired
Purchase raw almonds.These are available in health food stores and co-ops, usually in the bulk department.
Soak the almonds.Place 2 1/2 to 3 cups of almonds in a quart jar, add to 1 tablespoon (7.4 to 14.8 ml) Celtic sea salt and fill to the brim with filtered water. Soak overnight or a minimum of seven hours.
Dry the almonds.Drain the almonds and spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet or several pie plates. Place them in the oven onwarmsetting, no higher than 175 °F (79 °C). Allow them to remain in the oven around 12 hours, stirring with your hand occasionally and taste-testing for crispness.
Cool the almonds for 20 to 30 minutes.They will become slightly more crisp as they cool.
Grind the almonds.Place the cooled almonds in a food processor with the chopping blade in place. Replace the lid and tube pusher to prevent escapees. Grind on high until almonds are a coarse powder.
Add oil.With the processor still running, add 7 to 8 tablespoons (100 to 120 ml) of a light oil. Raw almond oil does not seem to be widely available, but unrefined walnut oil works well. Continue to process until nut butter is moving slowly but freely around the processor bowl.
Salt.Taste the almond butter and add up to 1/4 tsp more sea salt or to taste. (If using sweetener, add it now.)
Store.Place in a glass jar and refrigerate for a long shelf life and maximum health benefits.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- You may also want to try substituting a stronger flavored oil that is none-the-less desired for its health benefits.
- The low drying temperature prevents destruction of the enzymes activated during soaking. These healthful enzymes would be destroyed by roasting at higher temperatures.
- Feel free to embellish your butter with additions such as a tiny bit of stevia (or more of another sweetener), chia seeds or other soaked and dried nuts and seeds (added before grinding).
- You will not achieve the smoothness of commercial nut butters using a food processor, though it is much smoother than, say, chunky peanut butter.
- Some almonds seem to have more of an almond-y flavor than others, perhaps due to level of freshness. Shop around and ask to sample before you buy.
- Place the lid securely on the soaking jar and lay it on its side to prevent the nuts from packing together at the bottom as they absorb the salty water. But leave a bit of airspace in the jar, or pressure could build up and cause it to break easily.
- Obvious dangers involved in oven and processor use (burns or cuts.)
- There could be flying almonds during processing if tube pusher isn't in place.
- There is a possibility of glass jars breaking.
Video: How to Make Raw Coconut Creme, Coconut Butter and Coconut Oil
How to Cook Monkfish
Trump bashes Sessions, says he only hired him because I felt loyalty
7 Diabetes-Friendly Desserts Thatll Actually Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
How to Grow Bushier Eyebrows
How to Install or Remove an RPM Package
Five fairy tales for children that have amuch deeper meaning than you thought
Train Your Butt for Strength and Speed
3 Women Get Brutally Honest About Why They Love or Hate Facials
How to Store Kale Chips
6 Frozen Desserts With 150 Calories or Less
How to Buy Legal Insurance
Is Zoosk the Best Dating Site: Our Review
Date: 07.12.2018, 05:51 / Views: 73355