How to make plasticine with your own hands
Many parents are looking for kids fascinating activity that will be good fun and benefit. And among the available variety - modeling of clay in the home is not the last place.
This activity develops kids and serves as an excellent basis for the implementation of children's creative ideas. The results of a recent study clearly demonstrated that when modeling, the main areas of the brain are activated.
With inspiration and time, you can create anything from this material. It is important that the composition of the working material did not include harmful dyes and additives. Such components are present in almost all products offered by domestic and foreign manufacturers. That is why parents are interested in the intricacies of cooking homemade clay.
This plastic mass has a number of advantages compared with the purchase of products.
- Homemade clay is safe, because the manufacture uses harmless to children substances and natural dyes.
- Homemade material has a soft and delicate structure, it does not need to knead for a long time, which makes manipulation less time consuming.
- Often, babies taste what comes into their hands. Citric acid and salt in the composition quickly discourages the desire to eat "novelty."
- The clay created at home does not stick to hands, does not leave stains and is easily washed off with water.
In addition to the advantages listed above, the material for modeling has one more advantage. We are talking about the availability and low cost of materials used. Yes, and the process of creating brings a lot of fun.
Step-by-step recipes homemade clay
At home, the material is made from food from the kitchen: vegetable oil, flour, salt, starch, citric acid and food coloring. If you need an unusual texture, add glycerin, sodium tetraborate, foam balls, and even glitter, as for lizun.
Thanks to the efforts of enthusiasts and experimenters, many types of homemade clay appeared. Some recipes are based on cold cooking technology, others are based on heat treatment.
In any case, homemade plasticine is an elastic mass that resembles dough in structure and properties. Therefore, consider the recipe, which is popularly called "salty".
- Water - 1 cup;
- Flour - 1 glass;
- Finely ground salt - 0.5 cup;
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons;
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Food colorings.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a glass, add water, mix.
- Add salt to the flour. Put the mixture in the pan or saucepan with a thickened day.
- Pour in vegetable oil, add lemon water and a little dye, mix.
- Hold the mass on the stove for about 5 minutes until solid. Remove from heat, cool and knead thoroughly. Material for modeling is ready.
As you can see, homemade clay is done quickly and effortlessly. Even if the child, despite the unpleasant taste, swallows a piece of such material, there will be no poisoning.
Similar mass characteristics are made in the microwave. It differs from the first variant only in the materials used and in their quantity.
- Water - 2 cups;
- Flour - 2 glasses;
- Salt - 1 cup;
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Wine stone - 1 tablespoon;
- In the container for the microwave oven, add all the listed ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Send the container with the elastic mass to the microwave, set the timer for 5 minutes and turn on the device.
- When time is up, remove the blank from the microwave, cool, knead well and form a ball.
If the child is bored, make homemade clay and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of creating interesting shapes. This occupation will bring a lot of pleasure and will leave unforgettable impressions.
How to make smart clay
Smart plasticine or hendgam is a fascinating toy that takes any shape in dexterous hands. A feature of the material is the ability to change the consistency, depending on the effort. Even if you divide a small amount into several parts, assembling the pieces into a single whole is not difficult. The undeniable advantage is that it does not stain hands, clothing and furniture, because children work with the material.
Sold such a "miracle" in toy stores. Some craftsmen make smart clay on their own, using the ingredients from the first-aid kit that are purchased from the office or at the hardware store. How to make such an unusual thing?
The classic recipe for smart clay
- PVA glue;
- Sodium tetraborate;
- Food coloring.
- In a container squeeze a tube of PVA glue, add a dye. The saturation of the shade of smart clay depends on the amount of this substance. Mix the composition until a homogeneous mass without stains and lumps.
- In the resulting mixture, gradually introduce sodium tetraborate. Notice (!), The composition thickens. Add powder until you get the desired consistency.
- Put the finished material into the bag and knead well. The result is a soft and elastic mass.
This method of making clever plasticine is very popular, but not every caring mother will give the child a toy, the components of which do not meet the standards of safety and purity. Therefore, I suggest the second option.
Recipe for safe smart plasticine
Alternative formulation does not include the use of hazardous components and materials.
- Food gelatin;
- In an aluminum pan, pour 150 ml of water, put the container on the stove, turn on the fire. After boiling, add a sachet of gelatin to the liquid.
- Constantly stir the contents. When the viscosity of the composition increases, reduce the heat and boil for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, cool the gelatin base and pour it into a plastic container.
- Boil another 100 ml of water in an aluminum pot and add a few balls made from purchased plasticine. As soon as the "shopkeeper" melt, wait for the cooling and connect both compounds. Add a little greens and mix well.
- It will only be necessary to place the mass in a bag and knead it well. An exciting toy is ready for use in children's creativity.
TIP! If you want a smart clever plasticine to flicker in the sun, add a little bit of multicolored spangles to the composition.
What can be made of plasticine
Sculpting is a favorite child activity. But if this art is given easily to kindergartners and schoolchildren,the youngest kids have difficulties. The primary task of parents is to acquaint children with clay. And the following tips will help.
- For classes suitable soft material. With a plastic mass of children's fingers will cope without problems.
- At the initial stage, teach your child to pinch off small pieces. From each such billet make a weed or a raindrop.
- To make the baby feel the material, learn to knead it. Let it separate small pieces and connect to form a larger ball.
- Rolling is one of the fundamental techniques. It helps to create balls, sausages and flagella, from which excellent caterpillars or snowmen are obtained.
- Flattening Kids love this technique. It helps in creating ears for the plasticine animal. Still, this technique is suitable for sculpting the roof for a house or textured background.
After mastering the listed techniques, proceed to the formation of complex shapes and compositions. It is about New Year crafts, holiday gifts and all sorts of decorations. The category of objects includes fairy characters.
Consider the instructions for creating Nolik - the main character of the animated film "Fixies".For work you need a few cubes of clay blue, white and blue flowers.
- From the blue mass blind roundish blank for the head. Gently make an eye area, then squeeze out the holes with the tip of a match.
- Insert the white balls into the recesses, attach the pupils, stick the eyelids. Using the stack, shape the nose and mouth.
- Put a thick flat cake on the head of Nolik. Trimming and pulling plasticine around the edges, form a hairstyle. Use the blue pieces to decorate the crown.
- Make a sausage from blue plasticine. Bend the resulting element in half. These are legs. Attach to them contrast cakes, which will serve as shoes. Decorate your shoes with white threads.
- From a round ball of blue color, make an elongated torso. Insert a match into the body, attach the legs, head and arms to it. From a white droplet, make an emblem on the chest.
HINT! To make the animated hero realistic, use his photo as a guide. It will help make the figure more detailed.
In the final part I will share recommendations on the storage of home plasticine.It will last longer if you follow simple rules.
- Store the mass in the refrigerator, pre-placed in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- A plastic bag will fit.
- For the content of multi-colored plates, use a container with partitions or small jars of paint. This will preserve the colors and textures of the material.
Homemade clay - a godsend for the mother who cares about the welfare of the child. Despite its simplicity, it is suitable for modeling, development and everyday play. So sculpt and let the lesson bring a lot of joy and benefit.
How to celebrate New Year 2017
Amazing sculptures from Sergei Bobkov shavings
What is the dream of another girl
How to make friends your dog with a cat
It turns out that mosquitoes know how to choose the most delicious prey
How to write a recommendation
Plastic Bottle Flower Pot
Proper care and tips for maintaining the springer