How to make mastic at home?
Watch the video
Properly cooked mastic will allow you to mold all sorts of figures or cover the whole cake. You can make mastic at home on the basis of condensed milk, marshmallows or jelly.
Read all the recipes by reading this article.
How to make mastic home from marshmallows
- marshmallow sweets - 100 g;
- water - 100 ml;
- powdered sugar - 1 - 1.5 cups;
- food coloring
Such a mastic will turn white if you make it only from white candies. If you plan to tint the product, you can not separate the white part of the confectionery from the color.
- Put the candy in a bowl and cover with water. Put the dishes in the microwave for 10–20 seconds or heat up in a water bath. It is necessary that sweets swell about 2 times.
- Stir the composition with a spoon, try to make a homogeneous mass. At this stage, add a dye.
- Add a little powdered sugar, continuing to knead the composition with a spoon, and then with your hand.
- Add the icing sugar until the mixture stops sticking to your hands.
To roll out such mastic in the reservoir, you need to slightly powder it with starch.
How to make mastic from condensed milk
This kind of mastic will not be pure white. It has a slightly creamy tint, but when adding dyes it gives interesting, rich colors.
You will need
- dry milk or milk mixture;
- condensed milk;
- powdered sugar.
Take the ingredients in a ratio of 1: 1: 1, add a dye. Knead the mastic with your hands to obtain a soft and plastic texture.
How to make mastic from gelatin
Very beautiful figures of fine work are obtained from gelatinous mastic. Make it at home is somewhat more difficult. The fact is that gelatin is a capricious material, it cannot be boiled, otherwise it loses its adhesive properties.
Pour 1-2 tablespoons of gelatin with cold water and leave for a few hours. After that, put the dishes on a slow fire and stir until the clots are completely dissolved.
Begin adding powdered sugar by thoroughly kneading the composition. If you add a dye, powder will need a little more. Try to make the mastic before the mixture is completely cooled, otherwise it will flake.
- white or black chocolate;
Mix chocolate with honey in a 2: 1 ratio. Food coloring can be added to the white paste. Knead the mass very carefully.
Wrap the finished paste in cling film and put it in the fridge for a few hours.
- grind sugar powder very finely, otherwise the finished paste will not be plastic and make something very difficult out of it;
- Do not apply mastic on a wet base, otherwise it will dissolve. It is better to cover the cake with butter cream or marzipan;
- parts of the mastic are glued by wetting the parts to be joined;
- Ready mastic store in cling film in the refrigerator or freezer. Shelf life in the first case will be 1 - 2 weeks, in the second will increase to 1 - 2 months. Ideal if you place it in a vacuum container to avoid foreign odor absorption.
Laying linoleum with your own hands
Good to know: how to get rid of a hangover in different countries
It turns out we did it wrong 10 major mistakes in cleaning bonus
DIY helicopter DIY
Bread rusks in 15 minutes
Decaffeinated coffee: drink or not
Liposuction procedure: the whole truth