How to drink water during sports?
As is known, approximately 70-80% of people are made up of water, so drinking liquid is extremely important. And since during physical exertion a part of the moisture goes away, it is necessary to replenish its reserves. But how exactly should you drink while playing sports?
Why drink water?
At once it is worth noting that water is necessary, and especially with increased physical exertion. During training in the form of sweat leaves a lot of fluid (about 1-3% of total body weight), and its excess can lead to dehydration and even heat stroke.
Moisture is necessary for thermoregulation. As with intense loads the body temperature inevitably rises, sweat begins to form, which cools the body. But at the same time, the fluid leaves all tissues, including muscle tissue, and they simply need water for normal operation. In addition, the blood thickens noticeably, and because of this, it becomes difficult for the heart to pump it, the load that falls on it almost doubles.
In addition, water is necessary for weight loss. So, with its deficiency, the process of burning fat cells is inhibited greatly. And this happens because excessively thick blood cannot deliver oxygen to all cells. As a result, fat cells do not oxidize and, therefore, do not burn.
What is the best water to drink?
- The ideal option would be the usual clean water, and preferably either filtered, boiled or distilled. Normal tap water is not suitable, as it contains a mass of unnecessary and even harmful substances.
- It is also possible to use mineral water, but only table water, and not medicinal (the latter is recommended only if there are indications).
- For professional athletes, the ideal option would be special sports drinks, enriched with useful substances: vitamins, macro-and microelements, proteins, carbohydrates and minerals.
Absolutely you can not drink any sweet carbonated drinks, juices and milkshakes. First, they will not quench their thirst, secondly, they contain sugar, and thirdly, they will overload the digestive system.
By the way, the temperature of the consumed fluid is also important.Ideally, the water should be cool, because it is in this form that it is not only better absorbed, but also helps to fully cool the body. Drinking an overly cold liquid can cause vasospasm and lead to hypothermia. A hot will increase sweating and body temperature.
How to drink?
To saturate your body with moisture, about two or three hours before a workout, drink about 500 ml of water. It is also worth drinking a glass of water about half an hour before the start of the session. Drink immediately before exercise (especially a lot) should not be, it will increase the load on the stomach and the whole body. In the summer consumption should be increased by about 200-300 ml.
During the workout, you should drink about 100 ml every 10-15 minutes. But this should be done in small sips. Many coaches recommend to use one portion after each completed exercise to replenish fluid stores. And if it was difficult and required a lot of effort, the one-time volume can be increased to 150-200 ml. You should also focus on your condition, that is, on thirst.
But in any case, it is not necessary to drink an excessive amount at a time, since the feeling of overcrowding of the stomach will cause discomfort and interfere with exercise,and in some cases can even lead to nausea or vomiting.
And then what?
After training, it is extremely necessary to compensate for the loss of moisture, so drinking water at this stage is equally important. Within two hours after the end of the session, drink about 500-700 ml of water. Continue to drink in small portions over the next 4 hours to fully restore the water balance.
The optimal amount
How much water should you drink? Above were presented only approximate volumes, but they should depend on your needs, intensity of loads, conditions of training, as well as weight and some features of the body. So, the greater the weight, the more significant will be the volume of fluid consumed. It should also increase as the intensity of training increases, since much more moisture is lost when performing complex exercises.
Be sure to monitor your condition, quench your thirst, because it is the surest indicator of water deficiency in the body. In addition, if you have kidney problems or diseases accompanied by swelling, then do not abuse.
Anyway, the daily volume of fluid intake should be about 2-2.5 liters for people with average body weight.But in the summer consumption should be increased by about 500-1000 milliliters.
Some tips for athletes and lovers:
- To be sure of the quality of the water, always take your own bottle with you for training. Also, always keep it next to you.
- A special sports bottle with a convenient dispenser will help to make the right sips.
- It is best to drink water in small sips and small portions, so the stomach will not be overloaded (and a large load placed on it can interfere, cause discomfort and decrease performance), and the body will have time to fully absorb the liquid.
- To control the amount of water you drink, record the amount of liquid you use.
- To detect a deficiency of fluid will help urine. If her color is dark, and urination is rare, then your body is clearly not enough water.
- If you are in doubt about something, then consult with an experienced coach.
- They will help to fill up moisture reserves and water procedures, as the body can absorb some of the liquid through the pores of the skin. Therefore, after class it will be useful to take a shower.
- Do not drink excessively salty mineral water, as it can increase thirst.
- Drink every time you have a feeling of thirst, you should not fight it. If you really want to drink, but you just did it, then you can just rinse your mouth with water. This is what boxers do, who during battles cannot use liquid at all.
- Drinking specialized sports drinks is recommended only if the load during training is significant. If the intensity is low, then water will do.
Drink properly to workout were effective and useful!
How to sour apples at home - 3 step by step recipes
How to change your life
Jewelery with sapphires, emeralds and rubies in the Russian style
Neon in the interior: an unusual accessory for room decor
What is dangerous to lack of sleep
The most delicious pizza