How To: Oblique Twist "Wood Chopper" (LF CAble)
How to Do the Cable Woodchop
- Swing the clasped handle downward and across the body until it passes the opposite thigh.
- Don't lock the knees and hips. Allow the hips and knees to rotate slightly.
- At the end position, allow the cable weight to retract the handle to the starting position.
- Do 8 to 10 repetitions then reverse your stance by facing the other way and repeat the exercise to the other side of the body.
- This exercise is best used for power development. Do the movement at high velocity, rest for 10-15 seconds, then repeat.
- Ideally, you will have progressed through a beginner's program in order to build sufficient strength with which to benefit from this exercise. If not, start with a light weight and progress slowly.
- Do not bend your arms while performing this exercise or your shoulders and arms will do the work rather than your abdominals.
- Be sure that you are rotating your torso and your arms are staying in front of your body rather than it being the arms that are producing the motion.
The cable woodchop targets the transverse abdominis muscle and the oblique muscles. These are the muscles that allow you to twist at the waist and to swing a bat or racket using the weight of your body and not just your arms.
The woodchop also engages the muscles of your back, shoulders, and legs.
In addition to sports that use a stick or racket (baseball, golf, tennis, hockey, cricket, etc.), twisting the abdominals under load is a prominent movement in sports including football and basketball. Of course, this approximate movement is slightly different in any number of sports.
- Reverse Cable Woodchop/Standing Cable Lift: Set up to pull the cable up from low to high.
- Woodchop Lunges: Step forward into a lunge as you bring the cable down across your body.
- Woodchops with Weights: You can perform the woodchop using a dumbbell rather than a cable machine.
Video: Standing Cable Woodchop - Cutler Nutrition
How to Create a Learning Environment
How To Wear A Legging The Right Way Everything You Need To Know
Pictures of Mens Faux Hawk Haircuts
Discuss the healthcare facts on lesbian and bisexual individuals
6 Common Sports Nutrition Mistakes and How to Solve Them
Katie Price agrees to quickie’ divorce
How to Become School Head Boy or Head Girl
5 Tom Ford Pieces to Shop from Net-A-Porter Now
Is THIS The Best Diet for Weight Loss
How to Make Healthy Noodle Soups
13 Things No One Tells You About IVF
How to Find the WiFi Password of a Past Connection Using CMD
The Walking Dead Episode 3 Finds Daryl At His Breaking Point