How to cook the perfect entrecote?
Do you like meat dishes? Then you will certainly like entrecote, of course, if you can cook it properly.
What is this dish?
Entrecote is not so much a separate dish as the name of a part of the carcass. In the traditional cuisine of France, so called a piece of ox meat, cut in the area between the ridge and the ribs. Moreover, the same part of a cow or calf has a different name - a medal. But there is a broader sense of the concept that covers any piece of meat (usually beef) that has dimensions roughly corresponding to the palm of an adult person and a thickness of about 1.5 cm.
Interestingly, the name from French is translated literally as “between the edges,” which reflects the essence of the concept.
How to cook?
Entrecote can be cooked not only from beef, but also from pork. And there are many different ways, and below are some of them.
Option number 1
You can make a juicy entrecote in the oven. To do this, prepare:
- four pieces of pork carved between the ribs (i.e., entrecotes)
- a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- three tablespoons of soy sauce;
- a third of a teaspoon of black pepper;
- ground ginger;
- First, wash the pieces of pork and beat well, so that they are more tender. Then each entrecote should be rubbed with a mixture of ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Take a baking sheet and grease its bottom with oil (not very abundant, because the meat during the heat treatment process will release fat).
- Place the pieces of pork on the bottom, pour the remaining oil on top and soy sauce.
- Warm up the oven to 190 or 200 degrees and send to it a baking tray with entrecotes for about thirty or forty minutes.
Option number 2
This recipe assumes the use of beef as its main ingredient and its frying. The list of ingredients includes such:
- Entrecote weighing no more than 250-300 grams (if it is large, then it should be cut);
- two cloves of garlic;
- spicy seasoning, for example, hops-suneli;
- salt and pepper if desired;
- vegetable oil.
- First, the meat must be thoroughly washed, dried, and then well repelled.
- Next, rub the garlic entrecote (it can be pre-crushed) with salt, pepper and seasoning. Wrap it with food film and send it to the refrigerator for two or three hours.The longer marinated beef, the more soft it will turn out in the end.
- Now pour oil into the pan and warm it well.
- Reduce the fire to medium and fry the entrecote on each side for five minutes. In the process of cooking, periodically water the beef with a juicing juice, so that it turns out juicy.
- Serve the entrecote, watering it with the remaining juice and butter in a frying pan.
Option number 3
Both beef and pork can be cooked stunning piquant entrecote. For this you will need:
- about 300-400 grams of meat cut between ribs;
- small tomato;
- tablespoon flour;
- 50 grams of hard cheese;
- 50-70 grams of pineapple (can be used canned);
- ground pepper (preferably red);
- The first thing you need to prepare a tomato: cut it into circles, each roll in flour and fry in a frying pan just a couple of minutes, not forgetting to turn to the other side.
- Then go to the meat. It should be well discouraged, pre-washed, and then rubbed with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan (not the one in which you fried tomatoes), heat the oil. Put an entrecote in it and on one side fry it on medium heat for three or four minutes.
- Then turn the piece of meat over, put the rings of fried tomatoes on top of it, then the ring of pineapple, and then a thin slice of cheese (you can grate it).
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook entrecote for about four minutes.
This dish should preferably be served with rice or vegetables.
Option number 4
Appetizing and fragrant it turns out entrekot in Breton. Prepare the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beef or pork (natural, cut between ribs);
- small onion head;
- tablespoon of olive oil;
- about 50 grams of butter;
- three medium-sized bunches of parsley;
- a quarter of a spoonful of ground black pepper;
- 1.5 tsp. salt.
Description of preparation:
- First, prepare the meat: after washing, carefully beat it off and rub it with a mixture of salt, olive oil and pepper, then leave for half an hour, or better for an hour.
- When the meat is marinated, it must be fried for a few minutes on each side. A pleasant crust will appear outside, but inside the flesh will remain damp, as it should be.
- Next, cook a kind of sauce. To do this, chop onion and parsley, for example, chop or pass through a meat grinder.Mix the resulting mass with soft butter. You should have a green sauce.
- Transfer the entrecote from the pan to some kind of container, top with green sauce, cover and hold for ten minutes in a water bath. If you do not have the opportunity to make it, you can send the dish to the oven.
- Ready entrecote can be poured with oil and juice left over after roasting meat.
- Meat certainly need to beat. This preparation allows you to destroy the fibers that make the pulp stiff. And in order not to damage the structure and not to stain the kitchen, it is better to put a piece in a bag or wrap it in a plastic wrap.
- To entrecote turned out to be even more tender, it should be pre-marinated and left in the marinade for several hours or even all night.
- Serving entrecote is best with potatoes, any side dish of this product is ideally combined with the main course. And in order not to feel the heaviness after eating, supplement the meat with vegetable salad or, for example, stew.
- Try experimenting with sauces, and they can be very diverse: spicy, tomato, creamy, garlic, sweet and sour.The choice depends only on your culinary preferences.
- The choice of meat is also important. First of all, it must be fresh. And it's better to buy chilled or even steam, that is, just cut. Frozen flesh loses some of the properties and changes the texture, so that it is unlikely to make a juicy entrecote.
Cooking entrecote is quite simple, but the dishes are appetizing and delicious.
10 simple tricks for beginner illusionists: video
Liposuction procedure: the whole truth
How to make an unusual Christmas tree for the New Year do it yourself: photo
How to learn to make different bows
Tonus of the uterus during pregnancy - causes and effects
Accessories for wedding photo shoots
10 shock images from weeks of fashion in Milan and London
How to draw oak