How to cook a delicious quail?
If you are tired of common dishes from ordinary ingredients, then make something interesting from unusual ingredients. For example, buy quail and cook a gorgeous dinner.
What it is?
Quail is a small bird from the genus of pheasant, the subfamily of the grouse and the order of the grouse. In nature, there are about 10 species, but two of them are almost completely exterminated by humanity. And one species (common quail) is considered the most common and even bred in the household by many farmers.
If a few years ago, quail meat was considered a delicacy, then today it is increasingly found on store shelves. The length of one carcass is usually no more than 20 centimeters, and its weight does not exceed 150 grams.
Quail meat is quite useful and in terms of dietary properties it surpasses chicken and even rabbit meat. 100 grams contains only 230-250 calories. In addition, such a product contains a lot of necessary substances for a person, for example, protein, vitamins C, PP, B1, B2, A, as well as calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, potassium and much more. The taste of quail fillet is tender and pleasant.
How to choose?
What to look for when choosing a quail in the store?
- If you buy chilled carcasses, then appreciate the meat. It should be light pink and quite elastic. After pressing the fillet will quickly return to its previous form.
- Frozen carcasses can not be too heavy. A lot of weight will say that manufacturers have gone too far with ice.
- If possible, appreciate the smell. It should be barely perceptible and rather pleasant, like the smell of chicken meat.
How to store?
Chilled carcass can lie in the refrigerator for about a week (but it is better to use the meat immediately). In the freezer the shelf life is increased to several months.
If you have purchased a whole carcass, you will need training. It consists of several stages:
- First cut off the neck and legs, and cut off the tips of the wings. All this can be used to make broth.
- If the skin can be seen feathers, then singe the carcass. To do this, rub it with alcohol and lightly fry in a pan, then remove all excess.
- Then you can rub the carcass with salt, so that it is slightly marinated.
What to cook?
How tasty to cook quail? There is a great variety of recipes, because quail meat can be fried, stewed, boiled and baked - any dishes are tasty. We offer several cooking options.
Bake the quail in the oven in sweets and garlic sauce. You will need the following ingredients:
- 3-5 quail carcasses;
- 5-7 cloves of garlic;
- 5 tablespoons sour cream;
- ½ lemon;
- 1-2 bunches of dill greens;
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- First, prepare the quail carcasses. Rinse them in running water and dry them well with paper towels. Then sprinkle each carcass with lemon juice and salt with salt. Let the quail marinate at least half an hour.
- Now proceed to the preparation of the sauce. First, peel and chop the garlic. It is most convenient to do this with the help of garlic press. Mix the garlic with sour cream and add salt and pepper. Mix everything well.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Lubricate its bottom with vegetable oil so that nothing burns. And even better, lay the bottom of the foil (it should also be oiled).
- Now grease each carcass with a creamy garlic sauce and place on a baking sheet.
- Send the pan to the oven, heated to 180 degrees, for about 40-50 minutes.
- You will get juicy and delicious quail like in a restaurant.
The quails cooked in a pan with onions are delicious. You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 quail carcasses;
- 1 onion;
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 1/3 tsp rosemary;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- First, prepare quail carcasses. If necessary, scorch them, dry and undress. To do this, cut each carcass along the abdomen, turn the carcass and cut it along the ridge. As a result, you will have two parts.
- Prepare the marinade: mix olive oil (3 tablespoons, leave the rest for frying) with rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub the quail carcasses with this mixture and leave them to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, and then lay out quail. Fry them a little on one side, then lightly on the other, then turn the carcasses over and fry them until an appetizing crust appears and turn them over again to fry until the other side is ready.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin half-rings, put it in a pan with quails.Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the quail with the onions for about 20 minutes. As a result, the meat will become tender and juicy, and the onion will crunch slightly.
Cook quail in a mustard-honey marinade in the sleeve. To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 quail carcasses;
- 1 teaspoon honey;
- 2 teaspoons of mustard;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- To begin with, you should prepare a marinade. Mix honey (it should not be too thick and candied), mustard, salt, 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, pepper, and garlic, crushed on garlic press. Mix everything well.
- Lubricate the quail carcasses with marinade and leave them to marinate overnight or at least for a few hours so that the meat is well soaked and more tender.
- Place the carcass in a baking sleeve, tie it on both sides and place on a baking sheet.
- Send the pan to the oven, heated to 180-190 degrees, for about half an hour.
- After half an hour, cut the sleeve and send the baking sheet to the oven for another 5-10 minutes to brown the quail.
We offer you a recipe of quails with vegetables. To prepare you will need:
- 5 quail carcasses;
- 3 potatoes;
- 1 small eggplant;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Quail carcass wash and dry, then rub with salt and pepper and leave for half an hour.
- While quails are pickling, get some vegetables. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise and immerse them in salted water for 15 minutes so that the bitterness is gone and then cut into cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings. Carrot rub on a large grater.
- Peel the Bulgarian pepper from the seeds, remove the stems. Cut it into cubes.
- Tomatoes, too, cut into small cubes.
- Mix all the vegetables and salt.
- Now cut the foil into squares measuring approximately 35x35 centimeters. Just need five sheets.
- Take one sheet of foil, lubricate it with oil. In the center, place one quail carcass, around it and lay the vegetables on top. Also put a tablespoon of mayonnaise on top. Wrap the foil by connecting its ends at the top.Do the same with the remaining carcasses and vegetables.
- Bake quails in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 190 degrees.
Enjoy unusual and tasty quail dishes!
Draw a pattern on a plate
Interesting and bright makeup with white arrows
Best decoration decorations BAFTA-2018
The healing properties of blueberries
Papaya cooking recipes
Video drawing lessons for beginners