How to close the batteries in the interior?
An old non-aesthetically-looking battery can ruin the interior. Fortunately, there are many ways to disguise it.
Hide massive cast-iron batteries is not so simple, but still possible, and will help in this specialized modern devices - grilles and screens. They carry out the heat well and cope with their main task - they mask radiators.
The grilles and screens are divided into different groups according to the design features:
- Mounted models with or without covers. They are used to mask the batteries located under the windowsill or slightly out of its reach. The fixture is fixed on the radiator from above.
- Flat screens allow you to close only the battery, placed in deep niches and not beyond the walls.
- Screen-boxes can mask the entire battery, thus completely closing the place of installation of the heater.
Lattices and screens are made of various materials.Metal quickly heats up, gives away and spreads heat, so it does not interfere with the functioning of the heating system. Plastic is a light material, but it can deform under the influence of high temperatures, especially poor quality.
The tree looks noble and aesthetic, but it can also be subjected to deformation or cracking when heated. The disadvantage can be considered a high cost. MDF is much cheaper and more practical than wood, but it can simulate it. Glass is an environmentally friendly, durable and heat permeable material.
The box can be made by hand, for example, from MDF panels, wood or plasterboard. First, a metal profile frame is built around the heater, and the main elements are fixed on it. Examples of such home-made devices can be seen in the photographs.
Other effective ways
What to do from the old battery in the interior? We offer the most successful ideas of masking heating devices:
- The easiest, but very effective way to make the battery less noticeable and conspicuous is to paint it to match the walls.In this case, the heater will merge with the surface and will not stand out much.
- You can not just cover the battery with paint, but decorate it with drawings or patterns. If you have artistic talent or at least a minimum of drawing skills, just start creating. In other cases, stencils will come to the rescue, with the help of which you can create ready-made simple images along contours using a can of paint.
- You can close the battery with some piece of furniture, for example, a rack, a chest of drawers or an armchair. But it should not be located too close to the heating appliance, otherwise strong heating and even deformation of the material are possible. In addition, furniture should not prevent the spread of heat, otherwise the room will become cold and uncomfortable.
- For home or apartment batteries, fabric covers can be sewn. Textile materials do not interfere with the operation of heating devices and do not prevent the spread of heat, but they close old and bulky radiators, turning them into an interesting decorative element.
- In order not just to hide ugly batteries, but to turn them into an interesting decorative element of the interior, artificial plants can be used. The first way is to braid a vine with a radiator.But during the heating season, the synthetic material can heat up, deform and produce an unpleasant odor. The second way is to use pots with artificial flowers, hanging them on chains or fixing them in another way.
Before closing the battery, you need to figure out several important requirements for obstruction and masking devices:
- They should not completely cover the battery and interfere with the spread of heat around the room, creating obstacles to the path of thermal radiation. Therefore, you should not use fully solid screens and made of thick and dense materials. So, drywall is a heat insulator, so it is not recommended to use it.
- The masking element should be easily and easily removed, allowing access to the battery in case of breakdowns or for washing. Therefore, think carefully about the mechanism of attachment.
- Remember that when exposed to heat, the material should not melt, become very hot, deform and, especially, release hazardous compounds.
If you are confused by the eye-catching batteries, now you can disguise them by decorating and refreshing the interior of the room.
Saving the hardened loaf
How to choose who to invite to your wedding
How to watch movies on mobile
What is useful vanilla oil
How to equip a sauna