How to clean a fur coat from a mink at home
Mink clothing is durable. If properly maintained, a fur coat will delight the hostess for many years. Unfortunately, with time the fur grows dull, the villi become clogged with dust, the product loses its gloss and splendor. In dry cleaning, you can clean a fur coat and restore the old beauty, but dry cleaning of fur products is expensive. Even if it was successful, the fur will not last more than five procedures. From exposure to reagents, the skin dries out, begins to tear, the product becomes unusable.
If the fur coat is not very dirty, I suggest to clean it at home. Resourceful women, who independently cope with the problem of losing the coat and the repair of the product, willingly share their secrets.
Why mink turns yellow
It is important to properly store products of white or light shade. Even with the creation of normal conditions, they eventually change color, turn yellow. The reasons why the negative process is accelerated:
- Dust, dirt, chemicals in the air naturally penetrate into the villi, the fur loses its luster and gloss.
- Cosmetics and perfumery, falling to the surface, contributes to the formation of difficult to remove stains.
- Violation in storage conditions, reduces the life of the coat, reduces wear resistance. Cleaning the product for a long time, use the refrigerator or the coolest room in the apartment.
- Enemy number one for clothes made of wool and fur is the mole. If she started up in the closet, then ruin life for a long time. Packing a fur coat in a cover for a long period of storage, process with preparations against moths.
- Under the influence of the sun's rays, the color of the fur coat changes, the light fur becomes covered with yellow. When choosing a fur coat, do not buy the product from the storefront.
Safety precautions and precautions
To get started, read the instructions and test the tool. Take a small piece of fur on the wrong side and apply the selected substance. If you are satisfied with the result, process the entire fur coat. It is important to know:
- For washing do not fit ordinary detergents.
- Dry the fur coat at room temperature.
- Do not keep the fur in close proximity to the battery or heater, do not use a hair dryer to dry.
- Do not iron the fur coat. To keep the shape hang on the hanger in size and it will take the original look.
Features of cleaning white and blue mink
The light fur is more visible pollution, so it is cleaned more often than the dark. From the constant exposure to extraneous chemical products, the mink wears out faster and loses its original luster. Brush light fur products with extreme care to maintain their color, warmth and sophistication.
Folk remedies for cleaning fur coats and mink hats
Petrol, starch or sawdust
With these tools, you can clean the fur product in three ways. They are suitable if there are grease spots on the hat or fur coat. Take potato starch and refined gasoline, mix them until a homogeneous slurry is formed. The resulting mass treat contaminated places and allow the product to dry. Do not force dry using a hair dryer or near heating devices. Shake off the dry mass and clean thoroughly with a brush. Then pile the comb comb with fine teeth, removing the remaining powder.At the end of the fur coat, vacuum it on a weak mode.
Instead of potato starch, you can take sawdust. Purchase them at a pet store, mix with gasoline and clean the product using the same technology.
Starch, semolina, pharmaceutical talc
Substances act as absorbents, absorbing dirt and grease from the surface of the fur. To clean the product, take a handful of dry talcum powder, semolina or potato starch and sprinkle contaminated places. Then rub gently with a brush. The substance that handles the stain will begin to darken, absorbing the dirt. Shake off powder and vacuum.
Any shower gel, liquid soap, shampoo without dyes or for animals. Make a solution - in a container of water, add a little detergent for soap and 2 - 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, mix until the foam forms. Using a sponge, apply the mixture on the fur in the direction of the pile. After processing, remove excess moisture with gauze or liquid absorbent material. Shake off the fur coat several times and dry in natural conditions.
Peroxide and ammonia
The recipe of the solution:
- 1 glass of water;
- 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide;
- 1 teaspoon ammonia.
Ingredients mix in a container and pour into a bottle with a spray. Spray the solution on the fur, hang the fur coat on the hanger and leave at room temperature. After a few hours you can wear it. Use the mixture with caution, as ammonia has a pungent odor. Do cleaning when windows are open, in the absence of children and pets. Use a protective mask and gloves.
For products from white mink, where yellowing is especially noticeable, use a less concentrated solution to prevent the appearance of unwanted spots.
Stir in the powder until a light blue solution is obtained. Pour the mixture into a bottle with a spray gun and treat the surface of the fur. After drying, shake off the fur coat and gently comb it.
Salt and ammonia
Prepare the solution in the following proportions:
- 1 teaspoon fine salt;
- 1 teaspoon of ammonia;
- 1 glass of warm water.
Mix the ingredients and with a swab to apply the solution on contaminated sites. After drying the fur comb.
Lemon juice and vinegar
Apply a water solution of vinegar or lemon juice with a tampon to contaminated areas. Brush and dry this place. Ventilate the product and continue to wear.
Heat wheat bran in a pan to 60 degrees. Distribute evenly over the surface of the fur and gently rub it into it. The bran should cool down, then shake the product several times and brush off the remaining crumbs.
How to clean the lining
To clean the lining, first unhook it and wash it. Iron and sew a clean, dry cloth into place. This method does not deform the coat, so it will last for many years.
If you clean the lining, not paring it, you can spoil the product, as under the influence of moisture it will change shape. If you wash the lining directly on the fur coat, wet the fur as little as possible.
Rules for the care of mink clothes
- Keep a fur coat, hanging on a hanger to fit in a tightly closed cabinet, so as not to get dust.
- In the summer, keep it in a special case in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- Shake off wetted fur several times, blot dry, well absorbing moisture, napkin, hang on hangers and wait for drying. Then comb the coat.
- Remove all dirt immediately, as old stains are less easily cleaned.
- Remove the dust from the fur coat as follows: wrap the product with a damp sheet, pat it lightly and shake it.
In order for a luxurious fur coat to please the hostess for a long time, regularly brush the adhered fur. Start cleaning the product from inconspicuous areas. Do not leave the coat in the sun and drafts.
The fur coat of the animal needs to be treated with care. Often go to visit, shop, visit the park, forest, walk in the rain and snow. The animal continues to live in your fur coat. Love, holte and cherish it. You will always be irresistible in a sparkling and playful coat made of natural fur.
How to choose an orthopedic mattress
How to cook a tasty quail
Top 10 stars, plastic-distorted
Neon in the interior: an unusual accessory for room decor
How to hem a towel for the kitchen
To tomatoes were large
What is bokeh
Change the tariff