How to choose an orthopedic mattress?
Watch the video
Sleep is sound and healthy when you sleep on a comfortable high-quality mattress, ideal for your body, taking into account the physiological characteristics, diseases of your back. On the fact that there are mattresses in construction, materials, stiffness, as well as the choice of good mattresses, read on.
Types of mattresses
Distinguish spring and springless mattresses. In springless instead of springs, they use monolithic and prefabricated blocks of various materials that determine a particular stiffness of the model. And the best orthopedic effect in such mattresses is achieved due to the inclusion of Ortofoam foam, latex and coconut coir, and other modern materials in its design.
Both of these varieties are good - you can purchase both springless and spring mattresses. In the end, much depends on the choice of the manufacturer and the price of the mattress.
Spring mattresses, in turn, are divided into:
- Mattresses with dependent spring unit. They are characterized by continuous spring weaving.The main advantage of the models is their lower price compared to mattresses with independent springs. And mattresses with the bonnel design are the most in demand - these are 5 coils of springs connected to each other. Such mattresses are comfortable enough and at the same time have an acceptable price.
- Mattresses with independent spring block. Due to the fact that each spring of such mattresses is placed in a separate �bag�, the body on such a mattress is in the most correct position, that is, the best orthopedic effect is achieved. In addition, such models are ideal for spouses, whose weight varies considerably. In this case, each side will adapt to "its body."
Types of mattress materials
In branded high-quality mattresses are usually used a combination of several materials. At the same time, depending on how the mattress filling is presented, we get either softer or more rigid models.
- Polyurethane foam, artificial latex, foam rubber. Synthetic materials, which, because of their low cost, are used mainly in budget versions of orthopedic mattresses. Provide the mattress softness.
- Natural latex.It is made of rubber (which, in turn, is made from hevea juice). And in fact consists of natural materials only 20-60%. Softer and more elastic than previous fillers, and therefore more comfortable for the body.
- Coconut (coconut coir). Another natural material that is latex-impregnated coir. Hard, but at the same time non-durable material, and therefore not recommended for people with a large weight, as in this case, wear will be faster.
- Memoriform - soft and volatile material of the new generation. Possessing the ability to react to pressure and temperature, he can linger for a few seconds in the position that the body has given him. A great option to prevent the formation of bedsores. The material is really very interesting and convenient for many, but not for everyone.
- Felt. Effective as a gasket between the layers. But in the role of an independent layer is short-lived.
Also used for filling flax and sisal, holofiber and many other materials.
Types of mattress stiffness
When choosing an orthopedic mattress is very important to pay attention to the degree of rigidity of the product,since it is this indicator that determines the comfort of the model and its positive effect on your body.
- Soft mattresses. Fillers are often represented by latex, holofiber and polyurethane foam. Very comfortable for the body. Recommended for people with lumbar spine diseases. The best posture to sleep is on the side.
- Medium-hard mattresses. Spring mattresses in which latex and coconut coir are often combined. Recommended for adolescents and people with diseases of the thoracic spine. The best posture for sleep is on the back.
- Hard mattresses. Great hardness of the model give sisal and flax. These products are particularly endurance. A good choice for children and adolescents, as well as for people with diseases of the cervical and thoracic spine. Sleeping on such a mattress is also better on the back.
For those who can not decide on the optimal rigidity of the mattress for themselves, there are many-sided models. Coatings and fillers from different sides are different - you can turn the mattress on the right side depending on the time of year (the coating can be insulated or lightweight) and your current needs.
- Weight limits.There are some, but not all models. Clarify this question.
- The size. The length of the mattress should be at least 15 cm longer than a person�s height. For adults, the standard size of the mattress is 190�200 cm. For children, it�s from 100 cm in length and 50 cm in width (infants), up to 190 cm in length and 120 cm in width (teenagers).
- Number of seats". There are single (width 80-90 cm), one and a half (width 120-140 cm) and double (width 160-200 cm).
- Perimeter reinforcement. If it is, then the mattress is more durable. In addition, it is convenient to sit on the edge.
Orthopedic Mattress Manufacturers
There are a lot of manufacturers in this market segment. As an example, the following brands:
- King Koil (United States);
- Sealy (United States);
- Simmons (France);
- Neoflex (Ukraine);
- Mediflex (Russia);
- Askona (Russia);
- Serta (USA);
- Schlaraffia (Germany).
In conclusion, I would like to note that in choosing orthopedic mattresses, in addition to personal preferences, it is necessary to rely on the recommendations of the attending physician, since the main purpose of these models is the treatment and prevention of spinal diseases.
What to do if during pregnancy pain in the abdomen, as if during menstruation
What does the chupacabra look like
How to make your baby adapt faster in elementary school
FK Brad Pitt: what does husband Jennifer Aniston mean
How to cook Thursday salt