How can I make a cage for a parrot?
If you have a parrot, but while there is no suitable housing for it, do not rush to go to the pet store and buy it, because you can make a beautiful, comfortable and functional cage with your own hands.
We are determined with the size
First you need to determine the size of the cell. It is quite simple to do this, as there are some standards. For example, if one wavy parrot lives in the dwelling, then the cage should have such dimensions: a height of 40 centimeters, a length of 40 centimeters and a width of about 25 centimeters.
If you want to settle a couple, then double the length, and add 5-10 centimeters to the height and width. If the bird is large enough, then the minimum height should be about 70 centimeters, the length - about 60 centimeters, and the height - about 50-60 centimeters.
How to do?
So, how to make a parrot cage with your own hands?
For production you will need:
- thin wooden slats for the manufacture of the frame;
- construction stapler;
- sheet fiberboard;
- small door hinge;
- small latch for the door;
- fine metal mesh;
- electric jigsaw or hacksaw;
- drill and screws;
- foil ruberoid tape;
- pencil and ruler.
- First you need to make measurements and make blanks from the rails for the manufacture of the frame. In total, they will need 12. 4 of them will be equal to the height of the future cell, 4 - the length and 4 - the width. Measure out the bars of the necessary dimensions with a ruler, make marks with a pencil and cut them with a hacksaw or electric jig saw.
- Now you need to make a frame. To do this, connect the racks together and fasten them with screws using a drill. The frame is almost ready. But if you want to make another pallet, cut one more bar. To find out its length, measure the distance from one side rail to another in the place where the front side of the cage will be. Prepare the prepared rack and secure it with screws at almost the very bottom of the cage, retreating about half a centimeter between the two ribs of the frame.
- To the rail, which you secured last, you will fix the opening of the future door.
- Now you can immediately make a doorway and door. To do this, measure three bars in length about 15 centimeters. Connect them to each other so that you have an arch. Attach this arch to the rail that you secured last.
- Now proceed to make the door. To do this, measure the doorway. Then measure the door slats. To determine their length, from the sides of the doorway, take away the distance equal to the thickness of the rack. Now connect the slats to each other with a stapler. Immediately fix the door to the opening with a loop and fasten the bolt. The door is ready.
- Now you can cover the frame of the cage. Tighten the sides first. To do this, measure the perimeter of the base. This is the length of the workpiece from the mesh. The width will be equal to the height of the cell. Now, from the inside, tighten the walls with a grid, fasten it to the frame with a stapler. The doorway can be cut immediately before fastening, so it will be more convenient. It is better to glue its edges and all sections of the grid with foil-foil ruberoid tape so that the parrot does not hurt.
- Now make the roof, tightening the top of the cage mesh. Attach it with staples.
- Next, cut out a piece for the door, after having measured it.Attach this mesh cut to the door with a stapler.
- Now cut the two bases from fiberboard. One of them will be attached to the frame and will be equal to the perimeter of the base, and the other will be used as a pallet, so that in order to cut it, from each side of the base, subtract the width of the carcass rail, multiplied by two (otherwise the tray in the cage will not fit ).
- Attach the base to the bottom of the frame, place the pan in its place.
- Inspect the cage, cover all sections with a ruberoid tape.
What else is needed for the arrangement of the cell?
What should be in a cage for a parrot to be comfortable and not boring? This is a swing, perch, drinker, mirror and trough. By the way, it is better to fix all this before you attach the roof.
To make a swing, you will need a stick with a diameter of 1 centimeter, a drill with a thin drill, wire cutters, a hacksaw or a jigsaw, and strong wire.
- First, cut a piece of stick of the desired length (about 15 centimeters). Remember that a large parrot requires a fairly wide swing.
- Now drill holes in each end of the stick.
- Cut two pieces of wire approximately 20 centimeters long. Place the ends into the holes in the stick, fasten them so that nothing sticks out. Attach the other ends to the center of the roof.
To make a perpetrator, prepare the same materials and tools as for the manufacture of swing.
- Cut a piece of stick equal to the width of the cage (add two centimeters for fastening).
- At each end make a hole, thread the wire and use it to attach the pole. It is better to fix it approximately at the end of the cage (depart from the wall about 10 centimeters).
You can make a feeder from some plastic box or, for example, from the lid. Simply make a hole in one of its sides using an awl, sew a wire into it and attach the feeder to the wall with a wire. Of course, you can just put the trough on the bottom, but the parrot will be uncomfortable to eat, because it will constantly move and may turn over.
It is better to buy ready. But you can use a plastic cover. Attach it to the wall in the same way as the feeder.
To make a mirror for a parrot, you can use any plastic female mirror. Simply attach it to the wall by making a hole in the plastic part and using a wire.
Toys can be made from a variety of scrap materials. For example, you can strung beads on a string. You can also hang a bell. From the threads make a brush. In general, do something that the pet will be able to play with enthusiasm.
- Do not use simple hook type locks, as their parrot can easily open.
- There should be no sharp corners or protruding parts in the cage so that the parrot does not hurt the legs or tongue.
- If the cell seems too easy for you, then try to weight it. For example, you can make the bottom metal or attach to it a few metal profiles.
- Use a fine mesh net in which the pet does not get stuck. If a head is placed between the bars, then such a dwelling can be dangerous.
Let the parrot be comfortable in a cage made by your hands!
It turns out we did it wrong 10 major mistakes in cleaning bonus
Dream Interpretation: what it means to dream mice
How to tie a bank card
Delicious gooseberries for the winter - recipes blanks without cooking, five-minute jam, jelly in a slow cooker. Gooseberry Frost for Winter
Mark Zuckerberg enjoys decree
Classification of robots vacuum cleaners