Homemade cognac - a great drink for the holiday
Cognac is often called the drink of the gods, but unfortunately, what is sold in stores does not always satisfy the tastes of real gourmets. To enjoy the taste and aroma, it is not at all necessary to acquire elite brands, because stunning brandy can be prepared at home.
The first and most important ingredient on which the characteristics of home-made brandy depend is the alcohol base. Be sure to use the highest quality alcohol, otherwise you will not get to enjoy the aroma and taste, and poisoning. The basis can take alcohol, vodka or moonshine. Fortress may vary, but the optimal values - 40-50 degrees. Stronger cognac will turn out to be over-saturated and lose subtle taste notes, while a weak one cannot be called a full-fledged drink of the gods.
The second important component is oak. Traditionally, the drink is aged in oak barrels, and this stage directly affects the quality of cognac. Its replacement will be the addition of the oak component.
- First, such a tree saturates the drink with tannins, which impart tartness (when aged, it softens somewhat and becomes pleasant).
- Secondly, as part of the oak a lot of organic acids and essential oils, providing a unique aroma - a stunning bouquet of caramel, vanilla and flowers.
- Thirdly, a properly harvested oak tree will give that same noble color of dark amber to cognac, which is very much appreciated and distinguishes the drink from many others.
Also, the composition may include other additives that give homemade brandy a more intense and vivid flavor, savory flavor and beautiful shades. It can be sugar, various spices, coffee, dried fruits and so on.
How to make homemade brandy? Of course, in any case, the drink will be different from the present, since it is almost impossible to go through all the stages at home. But the following methods of preparation are simple and accessible to everyone, as they involve the use of ingredients that are easy to buy in the store.
This drink is called Latgalian cognac, as the recipe appeared in the historical region of Latvia Latgale. Since ancient times, Latvians have used this method and prepared aromatic cognac from moonshine.Here is what you need:
- three liters of moonshine with a fortress of about 45-50% (it is better to use raw materials that have passed double distillation);
- two art. l. oak bark or oak chips;
- three pea carnations;
- a pinch of ground nutmeg;
- three tbsp. l. Sahara;
- a pinch of ground coriander.
- Sugar should first be turned into dark caramel syrup: burn it in a pan without oil. It is allowed to add a small amount of water.
- In the jar, pour the moonshine and put all the other ingredients along with the caramel. Close the container tightly and put it in a dark place for two or three weeks.
- If the drink has acquired a bright aroma and beautiful brown color, it is ready. It should be carefully drained, bottled, corked, and sent to stand in a dark place. Of course, you can drink cognac immediately, but the extract will make it even better, so it’s best to wait three to six months.
This method will allow you to prepare a terrific flavored drink of the gods. Here is what you need:
- three liters of vodka or alcohol diluted with pure water in equal proportions (strength - 40-50%);
- st. l. high-quality leaf black tea;
- st. l. oak bark;
- 30 grams of rosehips;
- 30 grams of hawthorn berries;
- ten clove peas;
- a couple of art. l. dried Hypericum.
- Berries should be washed in running water. Then put all the ingredients in the container, in which the drink will be infused. Pour in the vodka and close the bottle or jar well.
- Store the container in a cool and dark place for at least three or four weeks.
- Infused cognac must be filtered with a cloth or gauze rolled up several times.
- Pour the drink into separate bottles and remove them at least for a month: the exposure will definitely not be superfluous.
This recipe is very unusual, and you get a great spicy and aromatic brandy. You need to prepare the following ingredients:
- two liters of vodka or moonshine;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 70 g fresh ginger root;
- seven walnuts;
- vanilla pod.
- First, prepare the sugar by calcining it in a griddle to a brown tint.
- Peel and chop walnuts, for example, cut with a knife.
- The root of ginger need not be grated, preferably shallow.
- Put all the components in a glass container, fill with vodka, close the jar, actively shake so that everything dissolves.
- Infuse the drink for about a month in a dark and cool place.
- Ready cognac is subjected to straining and aged for about one to two months in separate sealed containers.
Fragrant coffee brandy will be made from alcohol. Here's what you need to prepare:
- 1.5 liters of high-quality alcohol;
- 1500-1700 ml of clean and soft filtered water;
- three tbsp. l. coffee beans;
- three or four art. l. Sahara;
- a teaspoon without a hill of ground cinnamon (or a stick);
- two bags of vanillin (can be replaced with a pod or vanilla extract).
Description of the cooking process:
- Sugar should be diluted in a little water and caramelized by heating in a frying pan.
- Grind coffee beans in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Put coffee beans, ready syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a jar. Dilute the alcohol with water and pour it into the container. Close it tightly and send it to any cool and dark place for a month.
- After insisting the cognac should be drained, poured into small bottles and preferably kept for a month or two so that it acquires an even richer flavor.
Some useful recommendations to those who decided to make homemade brandy on their own:
- Oak bark can be pretreated. If you want the brandy to be softer, then pour it with boiling water and leave for ten minutes to remove some tannins that give strength. And if, on the contrary, you want to get a rich and brutal drink, then the raw materials can be burned in a frying pan.
- The longer the cognac is aged, the more noble it becomes, so you should be patient.
- It is possible to accelerate the process of primary infusion with the help of thermal effects: if the container is placed in a warm place, the drink will be ready much faster. But remember that this method may somewhat degrade the quality of brandy.
- Try experimenting with the ingredients of the drink. For flavor, beautiful hue and taste, you can add rosehip, cardamom, prunes, dried apricots, dried apples and other dried fruits, thyme, cumin, oregano and other spices. But do not overdo it and do not mix too many components.
Now you can cook noble cognac at home and surprise your family and guests for a holiday.
Age spots on hands
DIY volume card with flowers
How to connect free internet
All in me: Sergey Shnurov shared a picture of his daughter
Secrets of cooking oil fish