Highlights of a ketogenic diet
Ketogenic (aka ketone) diet is one of the most mysterious. She has been actively discussing the past few years and is considered one of the most advanced. Her followers actively absorb fatty foods and lose weight. What is witchcraft?
A huge number of scientists are already interested in exploring the main points of such a food system, and more than once they have published stunning facts that our body can receive energy from fats, not carbohydrates.
But as they say, trust, but verify. Therefore, we decided to tell you about the ketone diet in more detail.
What's the secret?
The ketogenic diet is one of the many low-carb dietary systems. Its main goal is to bring the process of digestion into a state of ketosis. It lies in the fact that the body, in order to get energy, breaks down fats, not glucose, as usual.
But it is necessary to immediately say that deciding to follow this diet, it is important to first consult with your doctor. Ideally, the individual menu should be chosen by him.
Now let's try to see the process from the inside out. In order to get energy for life, our body needs glucose. He himself does not produce it, because this substance comes to us with food. If glucose stops flowing, the body will switch to another type of work, and begin to extract energy from protein.
But what will happen if the protein stops flowing. That's when the ketosis process starts. The body finds a replacement for glucose in the form of ketones. They are the processing of fat deposits, which produces our liver, using fat reserves.
That is, in the process of ketogenic diet, you can consume fatty foods, while getting the desired result - weight loss.
What to eat?
The setting "to allow yourself to eat fatty foods and the usual amount of sugar" sounds a bit frightening for those who constantly had to give them up. But in fact, the idea that fat makes people “fat” is nothing more than a myth. So which products should be included in the ketone menu?
- vegetable and butter;
- meat, bacon, bacon, bacon;
- a fish;
- eggs (ideally - home);
- high-fat dairy products;
- vegetables with a low carbohydrate content (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, peppers);
But any grains, fruits, bakery products, potatoes, pasta, carrots and beets are banned.
It would seem nothing complicated. And for those who like to eat good food in general, paradise. But uncontrolled consumption of permitted products can easily lead to abnormalities of the digestive tract.
That is why you should adhere to several important rules:
- In order for the body to get rid of glucose supplies faster, the first day of the diet needs to be done unloading - refuse to eat and drink plenty of water.
- The next 2-3 days the diet should consist only of proteins and fats: dairy products, eggs, fish, nuts and avocados.
- The next 3 days will add vegetables, meat and cheese.
- After a week of such nutrition, it is recommended to take a short break to restore the body. You can repeat it several times to achieve the desired result.
"Pros and cons"
But, like any nutrition system for weight loss, ketogenic has its supporters and opponents. Let's try to see all its advantages:
- The ability to lose weight without significantly limiting yourself in food.
- Ketones have a longer “energy charge” that saturates the brain and body.
- The production of insulin decreases, which reduces the risk of developing problems with the cardiovascular system.
But there are also disadvantages:
- The process of rebuilding the body for nutrition from ketones can lead to lethargy, decreased mental activity, and even dizziness. This may take several days, which is not all under the force.
- The water and mineral balance can change, therefore, most likely, it is necessary to add mineral complexes to the diet.
- Indigestion is a frequent problem of the initial period of the diet. Sometimes it can drag on for a whole month.
- Such a system of nutrition can disrupt the level of free testosterone in the blood.
Ketogenic diet is recommended for those who suffer from Alzheimer's disease, as well as for the prevention of cancer. But, despite all the advantages, she has some contraindications:
- diabetes (increasing the level of ketones can provoke the inability to produce insulin, which leads to death);
- kidney and liver disease;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- metabolic disorders.
For those who can not imagine life without a fragrant, juicy and fatty steak, chicken leg, meatballs finally have the opportunity to enjoy your favorite dishes and lose weight. But, as they say, everything is good in moderation, and therefore the ketone diet should be approached competently and balanced, assessing all the risks and possible results. Be healthy!
Saving the hardened loaf
Orange Tree Bead
Garlic and cheese rolls
Why do some people piss us off and what to do about it
Educational game Zoo
Easter Bunny of Hearts