Heartburn - Causes and Consequences
Unpleasant sensation, accompanied by a burning sensation in the chest, is familiar to many. This is heartburn. In this article, let's talk about this unpleasant phenomenon, determine the causes and consequences, consider the ways of fighting and pay attention to the complications that occur when there is no action.
What is heartburn?
According to the doctors, heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest, which brings enormous discomfort. At the same time, the level of discomfort depends on the degree of manifestation.
The occurrence of heartburn is promoted by increased acidity, so these sensations are not a separate disease, but a harbinger of other diseases of the digestive system.
The algorithm for the appearance of heartburn to the pain is simple. Due to certain reasons, the gastric juice rises into the esophagus. Acidic components that are included in its composition, have an irritating effect on the mucosa, resulting in burning.
Heartburn manifests itself:
- Sour belching.
- Acid and bitterness in the mouth.
- Fatigue and a sharp decrease in appetite.
In some cases, heartburn is accompanied by a stool mixed with blood, pain in the chest and back, severe nausea, sweating and vomiting. Once in a similar situation, immediately call an ambulance or consult a doctor. You can not hesitate.
Causes of Heartburn
Improper nutrition coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle is the most common cause of heartburn. Unnormalized use of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, hot spices, coffee and sweet soda leads to a relaxation of the gastric valve and an increase in acidity. That is why an unpleasant sensation usually occurs after eating. What else provokes heartburn?
- Unnormalized consumption of tomatoes, fresh bread, fried foods, pickles and citrus fruits.
- Binge eating.
- Acceptance of drugs that increase the secretion of acid. Among them are Aspirin and Ibuprofen.
- Obesity, pregnancy, hard physical work, wearing narrow clothes and tight belts.
- Sleep after eating.
- Anxiety, stress.
The causes of heartburn are varied. This means that a feeling of discomfort in the chest can appear at any time, and no one is immune from this.Below we consider the main ways to solve the problem, but first we will focus on the complications resulting from inaction.
Once in the esophagus, gastric juice burns its walls. If the phenomenon is one-time in nature, there is no cause for concern.
When the mucous membrane is regularly exposed to a chemical burn, ulcerative and erosive lesions appear in the esophagus. The result is severe bleeding or a wall rupture, which is dangerous for a person’s life.
These expressions over time scar, which contributes to the narrowing of the esophagus. As a result, it is more difficult for a person to swallow solid food, which adversely affects the quality of life. The solution of the problem is reduced to surgical treatment. Ignoring this is not recommended, because chronic erosions and ulcers significantly increase the likelihood of developing malignant tumors in the esophagus.
What if tortured heartburn?
Heartburn falls into the category of nonspecific symptoms, so the solution to the problem involves treating the underlying disease. The frequent appearance of an unpleasant feeling not only affects the quality of life, but also poses a threat to health.
Regular relapses are an occasion to visit a therapist and gastroenterologist. Often, heartburn acts as a herald of oncological diseases, and timely access to a doctor is the key to preserving health and life.
Doctors recommend to give up self-treatment, especially if you do not understand medicine at all. Even a slight bobble is fraught with the appearance of negative consequences. If you cannot ask for help, listen to general guidelines to get rid of heartburn at home.
- If heartburn often brings discomfort, reconsider the diet. It is mandatory to abandon the use of spicy, fried and salty foods, for a while, forget about seasonings and spices. Daily food intake divided into 5-6 small portions.
- Before breakfast, eat a few spoons of oatmeal. It is included in the category of products with enveloping properties that help in the prevention of heartburn.
- Adhere to drinking regime. The daily rate for an adult is at least two liters of water.
- With frequent heartburn, it is recommended to give up cigarettes and alcohol.If the power of these bad habits is absolute, try to reduce the frequency of use and dose.
For heartburn, low-alcohol drinks with gas are a danger to the body. "Energy" is even more dangerous due to the presence in the composition of caffeine. A mixture of this substance with alcohol is harmful to the stomach. According to statistics, it is not uncommon for young people to die because of the irregular consumption of such drinks. And the cause of death is perforation of the gastric walls.
To solve the problem under consideration, pharmacists have created several effective and safe for health drugs. The most popular are Gastal, Gaviscon and Rennie, which normalize the acidity of the stomach. The pharmacy sells Almagel, which provides an enveloping effect, which gives mucous membranes additional protection.
Before use of the listed medicines carefully study the instruction and steadily observe the specified dosages. And remember, some drugs have side effects in the form of diarrhea or constipation, while other drugs contribute to the removal of calcium from the body.
Treatment with folk remedies
In the fight against heartburn, there was also a use of folk remedies that deal with the problem as well as purchased medicines. The most popular of them is considered soda. To quickly improve the condition, a teaspoon of powder is dissolved in a glass of water and drunk. But for a complete solution is not enough, because soda does not cure, does not normalize the production of acid and does not contribute to the healing of the mucous membrane. The use of medicinal herbs in this case is considered more appropriate.
- Pharmacy Chamomile. The plant contains essential oils and antioxidants, which quickly eliminate heartburn, relieve swelling, normalize the acid-forming function and start the process of restoring epithelial cells. In pharmacies, chamomile is sold in bags. For one reception, the bag is poured with boiling water, cooled and drunk in small sips an hour before the meal.
- . Folk remedy provides an excellent enveloping effect and helps the healing of the mucous membrane. In the evening, a tablespoon of flax seeds is poured with boiling water and left overnight. In the morning, the mucous fluid is filtered, squeezed and consumed during the day on a tablespoon for 2-4 weeks.
- Mint leaves. A tablespoon of dried leaves is poured with a glass of boiling water, infused for half an hour, filtered and consumed in the morning and evening.
- Potato juice. Some traditional healers advise against heartburn potato juice. Two medium potatoes after cleaning and washing pass through a fine grater. From the resulting mass squeeze the juice, poured into a glass, add water and drink on an empty stomach 30 minutes before breakfast. The second portion is taken before dinner.
- Aloe juice. Means is ideal for fast neutralization of acid. From the plant tear off the leaf, squeeze out a teaspoon of juice, bred in a glass of water and drink.
- Eggshell. Dry egg shells are passed through a coffee grinder. With heartburn, a half teaspoon of the powder is diluted with water and slowly drunk. Remember that the remedy is not suitable for frequent use for an extended period, otherwise it will not be possible to increase the level of free calcium in the blood, which is not good.
- Herbal Infusion. In the fight against heartburn, broth prepared on the basis of chamomile, St. John's wort and leaves of plantain helps not bad. On a tablespoon of herbs fall asleep in a thermos and pour 500 ml of boiling water.After 2 hours, the liquid is filtered and drunk for a month three times a day.
These folk remedies have repeatedly proven the effectiveness and safety.However, any home treatment should be accompanied by a visit to the doctor!In each case, the history of the appearance of heartburn has its roots. That which benefits one can harm another.
If heartburn does not torment and collide with unpleasant sensations that accompany it, there is no desire, listen to the following recommendations.
- Exclude from the wardrobe squeezing belly clothes;
- Give up the habit of lying down after eating;
- Minimize the use of fatty and hot dishes;
- Refrain from spices and alcoholic beverages;
- Do not spend time treating heartburn-related diseases.
I think I was able to fully address the theme of the struggle with heartburn, begun in the previous article. I hope, thanks to these recommendations, you will get rid of the discomfort and make sure that they no longer appear. Just do not forget to visit the doctor. Do not be ill!
Liposuction procedure: the whole truth
Sonata Mobel Orthopedic Mattress
The secrets of creating makeup for glasses
How to recover ICQ password
Napkin without cloth
Bad advice, or 7 ways to get revenge on your ex