Features cooking tandoor
Each country has its own culinary specialties and methods of heat treatment of dishes. For example, many Asian people are used to cooking traditional dishes in tandoor. Find out what it is and how to properly use this device.
What is a tandoor, how can it be?
The tandoor is a cross between a stove and a barbecue grill. This device has a spherical shape and is used by the peoples of Asia for the preparation of traditional dishes. It is equipped with two covers for the body and a blower, sometimes with supports for the preparation of different dishes. And in ancient times, tandoors were used to warm up the premises.
Such furnaces are widely distributed in Latin America, Spain, southern Russia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, India, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Japan, the Balkans and even Africa. In some localities, the tandoor is an essential attribute of every court of the southern nations.
There are three types of tandoor:
- Stationary above-ground furnaces have a considerable weight (it reaches 400–1000 kilograms) and, for stability, are supplemented with foundations or clay platforms. This setting has a classic spherical shape and is usually located in the center of the courtyard.
- Earthen or pit tandoor located below ground level and practically dig in it, as well as complemented by refractory walls made of loess or clay. Such species are rare.
- Modern portable tandoor. This installation is also made of clay, but it differs by its lighter weight and relatively small dimensions. In addition to the basic elements, the portable tandoor can have handles used to move it.
The first mentions of tandoor appeared in the 10th century, and since then adaptations have been constantly improved and undergo some changes. But the main principle of cooking remains unchanged: the capacity is heated by the combustion of fuel (usually firewood), and then its walls give away the heat to the products placed in the oven and, thus, provide their thermal treatment. And the heating is uniform, and the food is not cooked on charcoal, but practically baked.
The first tandirs were made from loess - the so-called rock dust.Then for the production began to use fire-resistant clay varieties: kaolin and chamotte. Sometimes animal wool and sand were added to the material, which gave the mixture a density and made it even more durable.
Rules and features of use
The process of cooking in tandoor consists of several stages:
- First, the tandoor should be placed on a stable flat surface (if it is portable) outdoors.
- Remove the large lid, open the blower.
- Inside the furnace shell, load firewood, so that they occupy about a third or a half of the volume of the tandyr.
- Kindle a fire and close the case.
- As the wood burns, the walls will be covered in soot. When it begins to crumble, and the fire is almost extinguished, leaving the hot red-hot coals, prepared products can be placed in the tandyr.
- When the dish is inside, close the pumper, cover the oven with a lid.
- After some time (it depends on the specific products being prepared in the tandyr) open the lid and remove the dish. Constantly monitor the process is not necessary, since the ingredients can not burn.
Cooking delicious food
How to cook dishes in tandoor? It is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. The following are interesting recipes.
- onion (head per kilogram of meat);
- Meat should be cut into pieces. The size of each is about 3x3 centimeters.
- Mix the pork with seasonings, lemon juice, salt, chopped onions, pepper and butter. Leave the meat to marinate for six to seven hours or overnight.
- String pieces on skewers, install them in tandoor and cook for about twenty-five minutes.
Chicken with nuts
- 1.5 kg of chicken fillet (or carcass);
- one and a half glasses of any peeled nuts (it is better to use different ones);
- three garlic cloves;
- five st. l. vegetable oil;
- Prepare a kind of sauce, grind peeled peanuts (you can also pre-fry them) and mix them with butter, chopped garlic and finely chopped greens.
- Chop the chicken into fairly large pieces and salt.
- Now each piece of chicken fillet is covered with a nut sauce, wrap in foil and put in heat-resistant dishes.
- Bake the tandoor chicken for about an hour.
Tip: you can strung pieces on skewers or lay on the grid.
For such a dish you need:
- two eggplants;
- two bell peppers;
- large onion;
- ground paprika;
- olive oil.
- Eggplant cut into slices, like tomatoes.
- Pepper, clean from seeds and cores, cut into rings.
- Onion after peeling, too, is cut into rings.
- Salt all the vegetables, sprinkle with paprika and pour with oil.
- Either string the ingredients on the skewers, or place them on a wire rack.
- Bake the vegetables in a tandoor for fifteen minutes.
Finally, some secrets of using tandoor and cooking dishes in it:
- During the first ignition, increase the temperature gradually. First set fire to the sawdust, then put firewood in portions. If you immediately warm up the case, it may crack. Gradual kindling is necessary in the winter season. In the summer, you can immediately set fire to the entire amount of firewood.
- Store the tandoor in a dry place. Before you remove or cover it, wait for the full natural cooling.
- A reasonable question - what kind of firewood to use? Birch, hornbeam, acacia or oak will do, as they have the highest heat transfer coefficient during combustion.Fruit trees may have specific odors, and conifers contain resin.
- The volume of firewood is determined based on the duration of the cooking process and the volume of the dish, but it should not exceed two-thirds of the body.
- The approximate time of kindling is from half an hour to an hour, depending on the air temperature.
- Each time, clean the tandoor with a scoop or a damp cloth, if the walls are glazed.
- Do not fire the tandoor in enclosed spaces and observe safety precautions.
Be sure to try cooking delicious tandoor dishes!
Features of flower growing brugmansiya
3 recipes for Easter cakes from chefs
Video drawing lessons for beginners
Kanye West wants to run for president
Top ten of the most famous blondes in the world
Representative pen: a necessity or a waste of money
Secrets of cooking Worcestershire sauce
Playbill: Eurovision 2016 gala concert in Moscow