Eczema on the hands: what to treat, types and symptoms, the right means
Eczema on the hands is an inflammatory disease of the skin, which is accompanied by a rash, itching and burning. Often, the affected area of the skin is covered with cracks, and burst vesicles secrete fluid and are converted into pustules. How to treat eczema on the hands at home and why it occurs, you will learn from the article.
There are several forms of dermatitis, each of which can be acute or chronic. Eczema is a non-communicable disease that does not pose a threat to human life. At the same time, its manifestations bring moral and physical discomfort, therefore, it is recommended to begin treatment immediately.
Doctors have not figured out why eczema appears. Doctors from all over the world agree that the launch of this pathological process is carried out for various reasons. I will consider the main reasons for the appearance, so that you are guided in the question.
- A huge role in the appearance of eczema is the state of the immune system. In people whose body resistance is lowered, the disease appears more often. Often the appearance of eczema contribute to nervous breakdowns and severe stress, which have a negative impact on health.
- The nature of the disease is often genetic. If parents had eczema, there is a chance that it will appear in children.
- The list of causes also includes pathological conditions - endocrine diseases, diseases of the digestive system, liver and kidneys.
- External factors can also provoke the disease. Often, eczema appears on the hands after skin contact with chemicals, although exposure to high temperature along with mechanical damage often contributes to this. Characteristic rashes appear in people with sensitive skin.
Types and symptoms of eczema
Medical practice shows that today the number of people who face allergic skin lesions is increasing. The share of various types of eczema accounts for 40% of cases.
The most common types of eczema
- The true. The acute stage is accompanied by the appearance of bubbles with liquid, point erosion and redness. The patient experiences itching, the intensity of which in each case varies. In chronic course, swelling increases, and the affected skin becomes covered with cracks.
- Microbial. Such eczema appears after infection of the skin around cracks, fistulas and ulcers. Covered with crusts and scales, the rash has a pink color. After the removal of scales, the blood dew comes out. If you do not start treatment in time, the disease will turn into eczema.
- Professional. In its manifestations it resembles the true, but appears after prolonged contact of the hands with the allergen. In the early stages, development can be easily stopped, and the skin morphology will fully recover. The first exacerbations resemble contact dermatitis. If the effect of the irritant does not stop, the inflammatory process becomes persistent and recurrent.
- Seborrheic. This type of dermatitis affects the skin of the head. A rash appears on the forehead, on the skin of the back, chest and limbs. The affected area of the skin is covered with scales and becomes moist due to the excreted fluid.
- Children's. This type of eczema appears in children in infancy and passes to 3 years.Rashes appear on the face. When the disease progresses, there is a lesion of the body, accompanied by an increase in lymph nodes.
Now let's talk about the symptoms.
- It tops the list with itching along with redness. The level of discomfort is determined by the care of the skin. At the initial stage, the disease is often confused with an allergic reaction to a cosmetic.
- Later, on the site of redness, edema and a lot of bubbles with a clear liquid appear. This process is accompanied by an increase in itching, a strong burning sensation and a local increase in temperature.
As a result, the affected skin is covered with cracks, ulcers and weeping areas. At this point, the probability of infection is increasing.
Than to treat an eczema on hands
If there is a 100% certainty that the skin of the hands is affected by the disease, immediately proceed to treatment.
Chronic diseases, which develop for a long time, require a long and patient treatment. Effective therapy is hampered by inconvenient localization, because the hands are constantly in contact with the environment.To speed recovery, use simple, but effective and faithful folk methods.
Treatment of eczema folk remedies
- Nut Ointment. Bake three walnuts in a frying cupboard. From the extracted nuclei with the help of improvised means make a homogeneous mass and add a spoon of fish oil. The resulting composition process the affected skin twice a day.
- Cabbage and milk. Take three leaves of cabbage, put in a pan, cover with milk and boil for about forty minutes. Wait until the leaves cool and attach to the affected skin, covered with a towel. Parchment do morning and evening.
- Burdock root. Spoon chopped burdock root, pour a glass of boiling water, hold the water bath for a third hour and strain. The resulting broth drink before meals twice a day. Reception of means combine with trays. Three spoons of burdock root pour three liters of boiling water, boil for thirty minutes and strain. Next, make a bath for the hands of forty minutes. Repeat the procedure every night.
Eczema treatment with medical products
The use of traditional medicine to combat dermatitis is only welcome, but the treatment of eczema by medical means should not be written off. And only the dermatologist can determine the cause of the disease.An experienced doctor will diagnose, prescribe treatment, select medications and advise the diet.
- The characteristic swelling is removed with the help of antiviral drugs and antibiotics. Antifungal agents help to get rid of the severe itching that brings discomfort.
- Doctors have developed a highly effective treatment strategy, which is based on the use of groups of medicines. These are sedatives and antihistamines, desensitizing and vitamin preparations, ointments and gels.
- During the treatment of eczema, doctors do not recommend the use of soap. Lotion is used instead. Avoid contact of the affected skin with hot water and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Eczema diet is based on plant and dairy foods. It does not hurt to minimize the consumption of carbohydrates.
- From the diet, be sure to eliminate soda, alcohol, canned and pickled foods, salty and spicy foods. In every possible way avoid interactions with aggressive substances and all sorts of allergens.
I will devote the final lines of the story to the prevention of the disease.Since numerous factors contribute to the emergence of the disease, preventive measures are the basis of prevention. Observe the mode of operation, rest, eat properly.
In case of infectious and allergic skin diseases, do not delay treatment. Do not overdo the procedures of cosmetic and cleansing nature, as they have a bad effect on the protective function of the skin.
If the body is subjected to emotional stress, use sedatives of vegetable character. They will help avoid emotional stress and overcome depression.
Regardless of what you do at home or at work, avoid prolonged contact of hands with detergents and aggressive agents. If it is impossible to do without them, gloves will come to the rescue.
Preparing for the exam in chemistry from scratch
Glass bottle decoupage
Delicious and interesting dishes for Lent
How to use ecological skin and what it is