Rachael's Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
Easy and Warm Farmstand Chili Tacos
1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Mix together the zucchini, squash, sweet potato, jalapeno, and red onion with the olive oil and half the chili powder and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then toss with a spatula.
3. Add the green olives, diced tomatoes, and pinto beans to the vegetable mixture with the remaining chili powder and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until everything is heated through and the vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Warm the tortillas by wrapping in a clean towel and microwaving for 15 to 30 seconds, or heat individually over a flame on the stove top.
6. Spoon the vegetable-bean mixture into the tortillas and serve with extra cilantro and a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
If any of the vegetables or beans in this recipe are not your cup of tea (or chili), you can easily replace them with a food that you prefer. Perhaps you'll want to swap the pinto beans for chickpeas. Chickpeas are nutritionally similar to pinto beans, with the exception of being higher in vitamin A, calories and omega-6 fatty acids, and lower in omega-3 fatty acids.
Try using plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream; it has a similar consistency and flavor but contains more protein.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Make enough of this recipe and serve it differently for 5 tasty meals!
Try the tacos one night, a warm bowl of chili the next, and Tex Mex migas for a flavorsome and colorful breakfast. On the weekend, enjoy leftovers piled onto a whole grain roll (like a sloppy joe) or served cold atop greens for a salsa-like touch to your favorite salad.
Chili can be stored in the freezer for 4 to 6 months.
Scoop your leftover chili into an airtight container, write the packaged and use-by dates on the top, and store. Not only will you have a quick meal to defrost and heat up in the future, but you can revisit your delicious farmstand seasonal vegetables in the winter and spring.
Video: Letterkenny - Super Cold Open
Stress and Breast Cancer Metastasis- Study Confirms Link
7-Day Gluten-Free Dinner Menu
The Gillian Anderson Inspired Silk Shirt Edit
Tesla is headed for the graveyard, former GM exec Bob Lutz says
10 Blogger-Approved Summer 2019 Dresses You’ll Want To Own
10Signs That Help Recognize Toxic Relationships atthe Very Beginning
How to Make Tea Eggs
How to Do the Cable Woodchop
Blackberry Fool with Homemade Shortbread Recipe
How to Enjoy Camping
What Are The 3 Different Hair Types And How To Identify Them
How to Write a Sales Plan
How to Pack for a Music Festival
The Best-Selling Hobbs Coat We’re Coveting This Season
7 Tips For Lasting Weight Loss