Braised potatoes - a simple and tasty dish
Potatoes are an affordable, low-priced product from which everyone's favorite side dishes are made. Potatoes can be stewed, and in a variety of ways. From the article you will learn a few recipes that everyone will cope with.
How can you stew potatoes?
How delicious and not very difficult to cook stewed potatoes? There are lots of options, and some are discussed in detail below.
Everyone likes the combination of potatoes and mushrooms, so this dish will probably come in handy. To prepare you need:
- 500 grams of potatoes (preferably young);
- 300 grams of mushrooms, such as oyster mushrooms or chanterelles;
- five st. l. soy sauce;
- about five art. l. vegetable oil;
- a teaspoon of sesame (optional);
- aromatic herbs such as coriander, rosemary, basil;
Description of preparation:
- Peel the potatoes, cut into strips and pour over the sauce, letting it slightly marinate.
- Heat the oil well in a skillet and fry the potatoes on high heat for a couple of minutes so that a thin crust appears on it. Next, cover the container with a lid, extinguish the product for about fifteen minutes.
- During the fire, prepare the mushrooms. First of all, wash them very carefully. If small mushrooms, you can leave them whole, and large, it is desirable to cut.
- Prepared mushrooms add to the pan to have already had a little soften potatoes. You can immediately add all the fragrant herbs.
- After about 20 minutes of quenching, evaluate the readiness, mix the ingredients, add salt to taste and sesame if desired, and after a minute or two, turn off the fire without removing the lid from the pan.
Potatoes will turn out juicy, fragrant and appetizing, if you add sour cream while stewing. And these ingredients will be required:
- seven to eight large potatoes;
- large onion (onion);
- three garlic cloves;
- a glass of sour cream (optimal fat content - medium);
- any greens, such as cilantro, dill, parsley;
- mixture of ground peppers;
- three to five tablespoons of vegetable or butter;
- Peel and cut onions in your favorite and convenient way: thin half rings, dices or shred.
- Potatoes need to be cleaned and also cut into slices of any shape of medium size.
- Heat the butter or vegetable oil in the pan, and when it starts to boil, spread the onion and fry it in just a minute.
- Now it's time to add potatoes. Two ingredients on medium heat are roasted until light golden.
- Close the lid and extinguish food over low heat, stirring occasionally. If the potatoes are not juicy enough, you can add water as needed.
- When the potatoes are soft, add sour cream, as well as pre-washed and chopped herbs with ground pepper and salt.
- Simmer the dish until final readiness and turn off the fire.
If you like vegetables, then you will surely enjoy this recipe. To prepare this dish you need:
- about 800 grams of potatoes;
- one carrot;
- head turnip;
- one large sweet red pepper;
- 300 grams of cauliflower (you can replace the usual white);
- three garlic cloves;
- one juicy large tomato;
- fresh aromatic herbs (for example, thyme or rosemary);
- oil for roasting and stewing;
- to taste the salt.
The cooking process will be as follows:
- First prepare all the vegetables.Potatoes after cleaning are cut into strips or cubes. White cabbage shreds, and colored - is divided into inflorescences. Pepper is released from the stalk and seeds, also cut. Onions are peeled, cut into small cubes or half rings. Carrot is cleaned with a brush or washes, then rubbed on a grater. Peel the garlic and let it through the press. Chop greens. Scald the tomatoes first with boiling water and peel off (this step is optional), then chop.
- Heat well in a frying pan and bring the oil to a boil, proceed to frying all the ingredients. First, pass the onions with carrots, then add the potatoes, and after five minutes, put the rest of the vegetables, except tomatoes and garlic.
- After 7-10 minutes of frying, cover the pan with a lid and continue to simmer the food almost until cooked - about half an hour. During the heat treatment, stir the ingredients periodically so that they do not stick.
- At the end, lay out tomatoes and garlic, and after five minutes of stewing add chopped greens and salt the dish.
- It remains to extinguish still just a couple of minutes and turn off the stove.
Potatoes with meat are two in one: the main course and a side dish. And yet it is very tasty and satisfying. To prepare you need:
- 700 grams of pork (for example, necks, if you want the potatoes to be juicier);
- a kilo of potatoes;
- big carrot;
- two onions;
- three large cloves of garlic;
- Bay leaf;
- five st. l. tomato paste;
- st. l. Sahara;
- ground paprika;
- fresh dill;
- vegetable oil (you can use refined olive or sunflower).
- The carrot is cleared and either very finely chopped, or rubbed on a medium grater. Bows after shredding. Peel potatoes, then cut them into cubes. Rinse the meat well in running water under the tap, dry and cut into small pieces. Dill wash, chop.
- Pour oil into the pan, bring it to a gurgle (fire - medium). Spread carrots with onions, fry until golden. Then add the meat and immediately lay out the potatoes, so that during frying all the ingredients are saturated with each other's juices. Cook the food, stirring until it is slightly reddened.
- Cover the pan with a lid, continue to cook the dish by stewing over low heat. If necessary, top up the water so that the ingredients do not turn out to be dry.
- Prepare the sauce: dilute tomato paste with water to the consistency of liquid sour cream, add sugar and paprika.
- After 20 or 25 minutes of stewing, pour gravy into the pan, put chopped dill and bay leaf, add salt.
- Continue stewing for another five or seven minutes, turn off the fire.
Stewed potatoes are an excellent side dish for all occasions. And now you can cook it in many ways.
Laying linoleum with your own hands
What does it mean to see in a dream a lot of big ants
What nickname come up in a cop
How to find the address by phone number
Top 10 most famous plus size models (10 photos)