Benefits of Zumba Fitness
Today there is such a great variety of fitness areas that anyone can choose something suitable. For example, Zumba-fitness is suitable for active and active natures.
What it is?
What is Zumba fitness? This direction, which is a mixture of movements borrowed from reggaeton, merengue, bachata, salsa, cumbia and other incendiary dances. All elements are combined into bundles and performed under rhythmic music. This species can not be called "young", since it appeared in the early 2000s.
It all started with the fact that once the popular Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto Perez came to the training session without a tape with familiar music and decided to take another one found in his own car.
Alberto began improvising and involuntarily using the simplest pas from his favorite directions. Born spontaneously, the mix was so much liked by those involved that Perez decided to conduct classes in the same spirit. And he called the new direction Zumba. Since then, it has won the hearts of millions and today is used in 185 countries of the world.
There are several types of Zumba-fitness:
- ZUMBA-classic is a classic and the very first type, which involves the use of movements from popular Latin American dances such as salsa, samba, merengue and others. At the same time, there are classical Latin American melodies with rhythms of percussion instruments in the music.
- ZUMBA-Sentao is a fairly intense and challenging workout using a chair.
- ZUMBA-Toning involves the use of light dumbbell sticks that look like maracas and make the same sounds. And this gives the training a special energy.
- ZUMBA-Step. This type involves the use of a step-platform and characteristic movements with steps.
- ZUMBA-Gold is a program specially designed and adapted for people of mature age with an active lifestyle.
- AQUA-ZUMBA - training in the water, which are suitable for those who have some limitations, namely pregnant women, people suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system and the cardiovascular system.
- Zumbini - program for kids under three years old. While it exists in few countries, for example, in America.
- ZUMBA-Kids - the direction intended for children aged four to 11-12 years.
- ZUMBA-tone. This effective Zumba-fitness is designed specifically for losing weight and perfecting your body. All elements are also borrowed from the dances, but at the same time modified and adapted specifically for the correction of problem areas. During workouts, extras such as dumbbells can be used.
- ZUMBA continental. Dance elements are used, but not Latin American, but those that are characteristic of the nationality of the students and the country in which they live. This direction does not yet exist everywhere.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Zumba-fitness:
- This is useful. Training increases endurance and improves coordination, flexibility and agility. In addition, classes help improve the functioning of the nervous, respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- It's fun. Lessons are literally in one go. The music is so incendiary and rhythmic that it makes anyone move.
- Everyone can be engaged, regardless of build and age.
- This will help to lose weight. In one session, you can burn about 400-500 calories (the same amount burns in an hour of running). The results are amazing!
- Training develops grace, plasticity, a sense of rhythm, learn to move beautifully, which is very important for the fair sex.
- You can study at home using educational videos.
- Classes at sports clubs are usually expensive.
- There are some contraindications.
- It is not easy for some to master new movements, it takes time.
- Training requires at least a minimal sense of rhythm.
- For a full study of all the muscles such exercises are not suitable. Yes, the muscles will tighten and come in tone, but they will not become relief and voluminous.
Contraindications include severe diseases of the cardiovascular system (for example, ischemic disease and hypertension) and respiratory (bronchial asthma), as well as the musculoskeletal system. In addition, training is contraindicated in acute infections, during pregnancy, in the stage of exacerbation of chronic diseases and after surgery or injury.
How to start?
If you are a beginner, you should sign up for beginner classes. Also get everything you need. Special equipment is not required, but it is desirable to prepare comfortable clothes.The ideal option is a T-shirt and tight-fitting pants or leggings or a T-shirt and shorts. Baggy things will not work, they will interfere with movement and control the correctness of the execution of movements.
How are the workouts?
Training consists of several main stages:
- The first is a warm-up with stretching elements. Simple exercises are aimed at warming up the muscles and preparing them for full-fledged and more serious exercise.
- The second stage is a repetition of already mastered dance elements.
- The third stage is the development of new movements.
- The fourth stage includes the dance itself. Separate movements are grouped in bundles. This stage is usually the longest and takes about 50% of the total time allotted for class.
- The last fifth stage is a hitch, relaxation and light streching.
The duration of a workout is about 45-60 minutes. It is advisable to engage in two or three times a week.
Some tips for newbies:
- At the first classes, strive to stand as close as possible to the instructor in order to catch his every movement.
- For beginners, coaches are advised to focus first on the lower part of the body, that is, on movements involving the legs, including the buttocks and thighs. When they are mastered, begin to connect and hands.
- Do not worry if some elements you still do not succeed, even in the second or third lesson. After five or six workouts, everything will start to turn out, and after ten classes you will forget about your problems.
- Exercise regularly to master all the elements and hone them, as well as to achieve results.
- It is better to engage in a mirror to independently control the movement.
- If something is not clear, ask for help from an instructor.
Effective and enjoyable training you!
Top 10 stars, plastic-distorted
What are AHA acids for us?
Orange Tree Bead
Canned Tomato Juice
Cucumber in the technique of papier-mâché